Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

mnbkgg
Contributor
Contributor
Spoke to UK PayPal support. Explained I needed to change my number. They checked my id using my personal details then updated it and waited whilst I checked I could log in. If only I had found this number before. Asking Google gives me an unrecognised number. Good luck people!
Login to Me Too

de99

Which  number did you call for PayPal support?

Login to Me Too

basketball3214
New Community Member

im trying to retrieve my paypal account but it has an old phone number on it that i dont have access to. i know the email linked to the account but for some reason paypal is a joke and i cant just receive an email to reset my password. it only gives me one option to reset my password and that is a text to a number i do not have. Also to even access asking the community i had to make a burner paypal and email account. Worried of my money getting taken because paypal sent a text to the number i do not have and im worried of getting my account stolen.

Login to Me Too

Simux
New Community Member

Same! i dont even have a number. So its literaly imposible to reset my password. 

Login to Me Too

lusziomalaver55
Contributor
Contributor
PSD2 FOR MY PAYPAL
Login to Me Too

ImPlunja
New Community Member

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

Login to Me Too

BS255
Contributor
Contributor

When I log in it says it needs two factor authentication but only gives my old number which I haven't used for years. 
you'd think it'd let you add your new number at that point but there's no option to do this. I don't have access to that old number. 

how can I log in? They really haven't thought this through at all. 

Login to Me Too

patricia1944
New Community Member

I have the same trouble I can't log in as I have lost my old phone and have tried to get in touch but still stuck without a paypal account

Login to Me Too

Liv5279
New Community Member
Me too and i have money i need out has anyone figured how to get in ??
Login to Me Too

sportsquiz
New Community Member

Same here. It says to change the phone number in the profile section, but you need to log in to do this, but I can't as I no longer have the number stated. Catch 22.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.