Unauthorized Charge made from Paddle.com - Filed a dispute and it was denied??

gpor2001
Contributor
Contributor

I received an unauthorized charge on my account the other day for $199.99. It came from Paddle.com and was for some software called CleanMyMac X (which I never purchased). I filed a dispute saying it was an unauthorized charge. It was denied in less than 24 hours stating that it "was not an unauthorized charge." What the heck? It absolutely was unauthorized and now I have no other way of contacting Paypal. I've also contacted the merchants with no luck. Id like to get my $200 back, please! Thanks. 

Login to Me Too
133 REPLIES 133

rickcarufel
Contributor
Contributor

When a third party company steals money from accounts the victims have never given them permission to access, yeah we get a little aggressive about it.   I like your wild wrong assumption too, one person makes one comment and suddenly the whole forum is "aggressive".  Many of us are trying to convince paypal to block any money requests at all from Paddle.com because of repeatedly taking money without authorization. The fact their customer service phone was disconnected speaks volumes about their eagerness to address issues about unauthorized charges.

Login to Me Too

mipapo
Contributor
Contributor
Blocking paddle completely would be wrong. I just can tell you that paddle verifies all companies that want to use paddle as a payment Provider. Paddle doesn't do unauthorized payments. If a company using paddle is doing something bad they are fast banning those accounts
Login to Me Too

rickcarufel
Contributor
Contributor

None of us were presented with adequate information  or informed in any apparent way that a third party money grabber service was involved and would authorize themselves to extract funds from our bank accounts and credit cards without our knowledge. That makes the whole scheme consumer fraud, mail fraud and bank fraud as far as I can see.

Login to Me Too

4jeanelevi
Contributor
Contributor
Paddle.com Who are they? If sale was not approved why can't we get a refund? I don't understand this. I guess I will take this up with my bank. My charge was only $27.95. However the money is mine.and to be used only by me. The order was never received by me. I don't even know what was ordered. The date was May 25 2021. Amount $27.95
Login to Me Too

mipapo
Contributor
Contributor

I think the big problem between paddle and paypal is that the "end company" which provides the product does not know about the dispute. 
And additionally: I'm working in my main job with paypal and see that disputes are some handled this way and sometimes handled that way at Paypal.

I really recommend anyone to use the paddle support at paddle.com 

Last but not least: Paddle can only charge someone if you have authorized it. So it also could be that your credentials were stolen.

Login to Me Too

rickcarufel
Contributor
Contributor

The big problem here is paddle.com helping themselves to other people's money.  I never heard of paddle.com and never authorized them to access my bank or credit cards. We don't need you telling us your company stealing our money is our fault.

Login to Me Too

rickcarufel
Contributor
Contributor

To be clear here, Paypal has refunded both charges, close the case and has informed me Paypal is looking into suspending any payment requests coming from Paddle due to the large number of complaints.

Login to Me Too

JLJ500
Same thing happened to me. And paddle.com has been posted as a recurring payment every 2 years. I found out the first payment on July 12 in the amount of 89 usd. I've never seen this website, don't know what it is and PayPal just authorized this payment without my purchase authentication that would require login and password of my pypl account. It would be impossible to hack my password. Can someone tell me how to open a dispute? I advice everyone to delete all payment methods from PayPal and include one by the time you really have to use your PayPal account (of course delete after each transaction).
Login to Me Too

urawizard
Contributor
Contributor

So I found a payment on my PayPal for this company. I attempted a dispute but was denied by PayPal. Following some of the advice on this thread, I went to paddle.com and spoke to the support bot. It'll ask for your email address and the amount you paid and it'll tell you the product that was purchased. In my case, I had actually purchased a subscription to NordVPN and they had used Paddle.com as a middleman as such. Panic over. I'd suggest others try this before opening up a dispute with your banks following the PayPal dispute rejection.

Login to Me Too

echo-nightly
Contributor
Contributor

I tried this but the bot could not find any transactions.... I'm not sure why PayPal is protecting this company. Its as scammy as they come.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.