Unauthorized Charge made from Paddle.com - Filed a dispute and it was denied??

gpor2001
Contributor
Contributor

I received an unauthorized charge on my account the other day for $199.99. It came from Paddle.com and was for some software called CleanMyMac X (which I never purchased). I filed a dispute saying it was an unauthorized charge. It was denied in less than 24 hours stating that it "was not an unauthorized charge." What the heck? It absolutely was unauthorized and now I have no other way of contacting Paypal. I've also contacted the merchants with no luck. Id like to get my $200 back, please! Thanks. 

Login to Me Too
133 REPLIES 133

trusthunt
Contributor
Contributor

I requested a service be cancelled on aug 19 and yet they still billed me on sep 2.

After going back and forth with paddle for days....I gave up and finally filed a dispute.

They must be held accountable. 

I am simply saying that Paddle is incompetent at best....but regardless of that, this is criminal.

Login to Me Too

nevergiveup3
Contributor
Contributor

Try opening a chat message and referencing your dispute #.  Don't give up....It took me 2 months, tons of messages and time but I finally got someone to refund my money.  Don't close a chat message until it is resolved and state with every message that you are not satisfied and do not want to close the message until you are.  My last chat message session was open for 12 hours and I guess the person on the incoming shift did not want to deal with me their whole shift as well, so they refunded my money.

Login to Me Too

nevergiveup3
Contributor
Contributor

My advice is don't give up!  Paypal DOES NOT want to refund your money and will throw up roadblocks in order to not have to!  Open another claim, and keep opening them and requesting to speak to the director of the call center and/or request to report the PP rep for not helping.  Open chat messages as well, that is how I got my issue resolved.  My experience is not exactly the same, but I'll detail it for you below, also, you might try googling to see if anyone one has had similar experiences and how they resolved.  Scammers are betting that you will give up before they have to let go of the money they scammed, don't let them win!

My response that I am posting everywhere I can:

It is most likely a scam!  I have done some research on these companies because I too got scammed by one of them called Ruby Reefy aka Kiminoko LTD.  I ordered the bumper boats, 3 of them for one hundred thirty dollars on July 7, 2021.  Less than 2 hours later I sent an email requesting to cancel.  The first reply said they would cancel with a $5 restocking fee, within minutes I rec'd another reply saying the items had already shipped which I knew was BS.  They did provide a YunExpress tracking number, which for over a month had no updates whatsoever. 

I filed a Paypal dispute, but since this was the first time I had ever disputed a Paypal transaction, I didn't realize how they worked.  The 1st level dispute is just an email to the scammer company.  They replied with the tracking number and the dispute was promptly closed.  I wasn't even notified that Paypal had closed it! To get Paypal involved you have to escalate it to a claim through their resolution center, which is hard to find on the Paypal website.  And you can not access it on the App, has to be the website. I actually could not find it at all until I googled "Paypal Resolution Center" and and found a link I could follow, but be careful following unknown links!.

On August 20th I filed a 2nd dispute and escalated it to a claim for items not rec'd.  Well, wouldn't you know it, on 8/24 the tracking # shows that the "item" had reached the sorting facility in SHENZHEN. Fast forward to 9/4 when it said the "item" had been delivered to my mailbox.  I was out of town, but scratching my head as to how the USPS fit a package with 3 person-sized bumper boats into my mailbox lol.  Well, what had been delivered was nothing but a piece of bubble wrap with a tracking label on it.  Scammed!!  I couldn't figure out how to update my open claim, so I started a chat message with Paypal customer service referencing my claim ID # and stating what had come in the mail.  But... I made the mistake of saying I had rec'd a piece of plastic with the tracking # on it.  I tried to send a pic but the paypal rep said it must be corrupted, ok....  What I MEANT was the tracking # was affixed to a plastic-y piece of material ie bubble wrap.  Well, the PP rep jump on that and said that since I had rec'd SOMETHING they were changing the claim to "item rec'd was not as described" and the company now had 10 more days to reply.  AND that I could file a claim with the Internet Crime Complaint Center, which is the FBI.  Yeah, I am sure my $130 claim would get high priority with them!  But, according to the PP rep, I could forward PP proof of filing with the ICC.gov and then I wouldn't have to return the "item" to get the refund.  ok, now I'm thinking Paypal is in on the scam lol!  And I start doing a bit of googling and find out that this is a common scam, if you receive ANYTHING at all, even if it is not remotely what you ordered, the claim is more likely to be decided in the scammers favor.  So I sent about 10 messages this morning, requesting to file a complaint against the PP rep that changed the claim from "item not rec'd" to "item not as described" and reiterated in every message that I DID NOT RECEIVE AN ITEM.  Something worked!  And I got a message that they were refunding my money.  Of course I have to 3-5 days and my bank can take up to 30 days yada yada... so not counting on it until it is in the bank...but progress!  Also, I made sure to go to the automatic payment section of Paypal and remove the scam company from being authorized there.  Sorry this is so long, but I hope my experience helps someone else with their claim!

Login to Me Too

rickcarufel
Contributor
Contributor

You have to call Paypal to get it taken care of.  Filing a complaint on the FBI internet fraud website is as effective as mailing a letter to Santa.

Login to Me Too

Beamed
New Community Member

you can use their website to find out what the purchase was 😄 https://paddle.net/

Login to Me Too

cshackleton
New Community Member
I just received an unauthorized charge too. I don’t even know who paddle.com is.
Login to Me Too

ghostbeatbox
Contributor
Contributor

FogTown-Gord
Contributor
Contributor
This has also happened to me, I’ve been getting charged $44 from “Paddle.com Market limited” and Pay Pal hasn’t been overly helpful what’s so ever. BECAUSE OF THIS I have canceled my credit card and removed my information from pay pal
Login to Me Too

rickcarufel
Contributor
Contributor

You have to call Paypal if you want results.  Otherwise it will be meaningless emails that just jerk you around.

Login to Me Too

bastbastbast42
New Community Member
Paddle isn't scamming us, we're being charged by software companies via Paddle. It's just a subscription platform, they're not taking your money any more than PayPal is when you use PayPal checkout. These charges are for software subscriptions - mine was for CleanMyMac X, a common Mac maintenance tool. Please check if you've signed up for any free trials before you contact PayPal, it will save a lot of time and frustration. If you do contact PayPal, for God's sake be polite to the person you're talking to. Customer service is incredibly hard on your mental health on a normal day, and this is the biggest shopping season of the year. They are probably dealing with way too much already. Being polite also gets you better service - if a customer service agent has to make a judgement call about whether or not to refund one of these charges, they're absolutely not going to say yes to someone who is rude to them. I've worked in e-commerce payment and fraud for many years and I can tell you from long experience that a charge you don't recognize is far, far more likely to be something you signed up for and forgot about than a scam. Scams do happen, but there are entire teams of people who look out for these things. This thread was started a year ago, if this was a scam PayPal would have seen this thread and their fraud team would already have dealt with it. It would be extremely bad for PayPal if it was publicly known they allowed a scam to go on for so long, and they already make so much money off us that they don't need to steal money from random users. You're pretty much safe from scams as long as you practice basic online safety.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.