Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,979 REPLIES 4,979

ahtlite
Contributor
Contributor

when I log in to my account, there is  'for security reason, reset your password' .OK, It's ok. But when i reset my password there is ''We couldn't confirm It;s you''. why? That error is not one week. I am waiting over 1 month. 30 Dollars in that wallet.In december I have to confirm idenity.Please fix it. Please,please,please. I am just requesting.Pleasee

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ahtlite 

Do you have a mobile (not landline) phone issued in your country and registered in just your name verified on your Paypal account?
Paypal are using mobile phones for i.d requirements for logging in and withdrawal funds for extra security measures.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Riffy83
New Community Member

I have received money to a PayPal account that I don’t use since 10 years, which I can’t access as it is associated with a phone number in a different country that I don’t have anymore either. What do I do??

Login to Me Too

Aycha11
Contributor
Contributor
Cant You help me for a save money to my rekening
Login to Me Too

PuppetMaster000
Contributor
Contributor

I moved countries several times in the last decade and in the process I made a new account with Paypal in that country. To make a long story short, I wanted to go back to my old accounts and at least mark down everything I did before either deactivating them or potentially using them in the country it is created in. Heck if nothing else it would be good to use that same mail address for the current account I am using instead of the username5...

But every single time I try to type in my passwords, it gives me an error. And when I try go through resetting the password, I press "Forgotten password?", I type my email address and I get the "We're sorry, something seems to have gone wrong. Please try again later." message.

I thought okay, maybe because I haven't used them in like 5 years they got deactivated, went to create account with that mail, "this email is in use".

I am stuck in a loop of not being able to access anything and I don't know why. I still have access to all the mails I used to create the paypal account so as long as I can reset the password I can gain access to it. What should I do?

Login to Me Too

ahtlite
Contributor
Contributor

please fix.. when i reset password ''we couldnt confirm its you''. I am just waiting over 1 month please.. please. If ceo is in this community, please. please. there is my salary in that wallet. Please

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @ahtlite,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! 

I am sorry to hear about the experience that you've had. For assistance with this concern, we would need you to contact us directly for help. To get in contact with us, please visit the PayPal webpage and scroll to the bottom where you'll see 'Contact' listed. Clicking on this will bring you to our Contact Us page where the available methods of contact are provided. 

Thanks,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

myominthu
New Community Member

I don't have login code into my phone number

Login to Me Too

aybiii0000
Contributor
Contributor

I lost my old phone, and I cannot access my old PayPal account due to the 2step verification. Is there a way to re-access it?

Login to Me Too

zanzigg

Okay i lost and cant remember phone number. But i have made 39 calls to call center each time it(robot) says We cant help you at this moment. I cant login to send message. so i am desperate , what to choose while calling help center. I was choosing Restore account access.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.