Can't remove a no longer existing land line phone #

FloridaClay
Contributor
Contributor

I have 2 phone numbers on my account--my mobile # and a land-line #.  Each is listed as a "primary." I no longer have the land line #, but I can't get rid of it. The system insists that I substitute a new land-line # before I can delete the old one.  I am a "cord cutter" and my new land-number is a VOIP number, which the system will not let me add so I am stuck with having an obsolete # on my account. I do not want a nonexistent primary land-line # on my account as any attempt by PayPal merchants, etc., to reach me on that number would just disappear into a black hole. This needs attention by PayPal as a huge # of people are now "cord cutters" and this double non-VOIP system is growing more obsolete by the day. Is there a way out of this catch 22?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FloridaClay 

I just put my mobile phone into both places and removed the landline when I got rid of mine.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

FloridaClay
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.  I'll give that a try.

Login to Me Too

FloridaClay
Contributor
Contributor

Didn't work for me.  The system requires that you add a new number to update a primary and when I tried to add my cell number again so I could use it for my land-line number, it just reports that the number is already on the account and found no way to replace the old land-line number with the cell number.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.