PayPal receipts to buyer when a payment is received

celine_mae
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have developed the integration of PayPal Express Checkout. My question is related to the automatic emails that PayPal send to the seller (and the buyer) to notify him when he has received a payment.

- I understand that the settings for notifications are in PayPal dashboard Account settings - Notifications - Payments.

- For Sandbox, I understand that I should be able to view the notifications in the Developer dashboard - Sandbox - Notifications.

I have checked, but I do not see any notifications listed in the Developer Sandbox "Notifications". I have checked as well if as buyer there are some notifications listed, there is none.

Is there anything to specify in my code to have this correctly working? Has anyone else come across this issue?

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hi Celine,

"I suppose there is a small delay between the transaction and the notification being listed"

Yes, there is a small delay between processing a transaction in our sandbox environment and that transaction being reflected in sandbox accounts and with email notifications being delivered.

"should I ask my client who do not receive the "Notification of payment received" email to contact directly PayPal customer support?"

Correct, if they've checked their "spam" folder to ensure the messages aren't being placed in there, then they should reach out to our customer service team to report the problem.

https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/contact-us

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

MTS_Justin
Hello,

There is currently a technical issue with the delivery of email notifications in our sandbox environment.

There is a thread pinned to the top of this forum where another user reported this issue and I'll update that thread once the issue has been resolved :

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Sandbox-Environment/Sandbox-not-receiving-email-notfications-aft...

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

celine_mae
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Justin,

Thank you for this information. I see in the thread you link to that you updated the information on the 23rd mentioning that Sandbox email notifications were now up and running.

I just ran a test on my product demo <removed> which is where I have the Sandbox active. I still do not have any email notification in my Sandbox dashboard in Developer dashboard - Sandbox - Notifications...

- I have checked the NVP/SOAP Sandbox API Credentials, they are the one for this Sandbox account.

- I checked the notification for both the buyer and facilitator accounts : no notifications

I have a customer who mentions that he does not receive any email notification from PayPal as facilitator (seller) whenever a Live payment is done., even though he ticked the box to be notified in PayPal dashboard Account settings - Notifications - Payments. This is why I checked the "Notifications" in my Sandbox account and opened a ticket here.

As developer of the PayPal integration, is there something I need to add in my code for these PayPal email notifications to be sent out?

Thank you in advance for any help and tip on this issue!

Regards,

Celine, Maestrel

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hi Celine,

For the sandbox test you conducted, you should have received an email notification for receipt of payment if the transaction completed.

Please share the sandbox transaction id for the completed transaction so I can check on this for you. You can locate the transaction id by logging into the sandbox account which sent the payment, locate the completed transaction under "Activity > All Transactions" and click on it to view the transaction details page, which will contain the transaction id.

"I have a customer who mentions that he does not receive any email notification from PayPal as facilitator (seller) whenever a Live payment is done"

LIVE payments will generate emails to external email addresses directly, these won't show up within the notifications section in PayPal developer. Only SANDBOX payments will generate an email to the notifications section of PayPal developer, as our test environment (sandbox) does not send emails externally.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

celine_mae
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Justin,

I checked the "Notifications" right now and I correctly see both email notifications for this transaction. I suppose there is a small delay between the transaction and the notification being listed.

So everything works nicely in Sandbox environment, thank you!

Is there anything different for the "Live" environment? Or should I ask my client who do not receive the "Notification of payment received" email to contact directly PayPal customer support?

Best regards,

Céline, Maestrel

Login to Me Too
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hi Celine,

"I suppose there is a small delay between the transaction and the notification being listed"

Yes, there is a small delay between processing a transaction in our sandbox environment and that transaction being reflected in sandbox accounts and with email notifications being delivered.

"should I ask my client who do not receive the "Notification of payment received" email to contact directly PayPal customer support?"

Correct, if they've checked their "spam" folder to ensure the messages aren't being placed in there, then they should reach out to our customer service team to report the problem.

https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/contact-us

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

celine_mae
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much, Justin. You have been very helpful and this topic is now clear to me. 😉

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.