Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,980 REPLIES 4,980

brandonhines71
Contributor
Contributor
I want to change my phone number.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@brandonhines71 

Click on settings next to log out and you can add, edit or remove phone numbers in there.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bellayessica
New Community Member

hello 

I am frustrate it because I didn't enter in the Paypal account for a long time. Now I can not enter because I do not longer live in Uk, I live in spain and they want to send a sms to my old phone number in UK that I am not longer owner of it. so because I can not enter I can not contact them. I tried to call them and they said that they has send me a code on my phone WHAT THE HECH I DO NOT OWN THAT NUMBER ANY MORE. so I can not talk with NO ONE and I can not send emailes. what the heck I can do now? this is really bad headache. please anyone can help?

Login to Me Too

jbrollier
Contributor
Contributor
Very much. I am a combat veteran with TBI History and PTSD severe. Technology sometimes freaks me out because I Never get to communicate with a human being. I need to use PayPal for business dealings. PayPal system is STUCK ON an old phone number. It won't let me change it therefore this completely prevents me from doing business with anyone who uses PayPal. Why can't your I,T, people at least make the system work properly? Why can't I change my number or simply start a new fresh account. What More can I say without hurting someone's pride or whatever you said I did before. I cussed in hopes of getting a human beings attention and getting a response. Sitting here now poking out letters on a tiny screen does nothing except infuriate me more. Thank God for other apps that work like cash app and many others. You've now lost my business and, I'll be sure to not recommend you to anyone.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jbrollier 

Did you actually try the options in my above post?

You know the ones I have found often work and gave up my time to post for you and everyone else?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

syrexin
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I changed my phone line. Now I cannot login to my paypal account. I don't use my phone number anymore. How can I login to my account?

Login to Me Too

Kayleight1990
New Community Member
I’ve changed my number and can no longer log in because it’s sending a code to my old phone number how do I log in without my old number
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kayleight1990 

Try:
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
3. Use the forgotten password option several times.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Katie1237
New Community Member
My number is correct that they are sending the text verification / trying to call. However I am out of Ireland so it needs +353 in front of it. How to I change this ?
Login to Me Too

Mattykruk
New Community Member
Used to have a account years ago need PayPal now and it won't let me log in as its asking to send a text to my number to verify but I have lost that number a long time ago
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.