Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

hello @McHenche , no.
verification is mandatory.
you will need to contact paypal customer service to resolve this.

during working days and hours of operation

by messaging from paypal, by phone, and also on Facebook and Twitter (PayPal customer service is present above)

on paypal:

- at the bottom of the Help And Contact page

then at the bottom of the page that opens "contact us" (on the right) and finally, still at the bottom right: "call us"

Login to Me Too

HeroicClover
Contributor
Contributor

I can’t get into my PayPal account, haven’t been able to for quite a while now…probably should give up but I’ve got some money still left in there so I don’t want to leave this hell just yet, anyway I can get back into it? My issue is yet again the two step verification thing…I no longer have access to that number and it’s the only way to get access for me other than having to call them which from what I’ve read doesn’t work and doesn’t sound like any fun either whoever at PayPal decided to make this a compulsory thing is an idiot like I’m sorry but they are not everyone has a phone or wants one not everyone keeps the same phone or same number and if you seriously had to have this as an option you should’ve made it so there were other ways in case something like this happens…what a way to shoot yourself in the foot and lose user…I just want my money that’s on the account then I’m done with PayPal one of the most annoying and stressful experiences ever in some ways it’s worse than banks lol help urgently please!! I wanna get a game on my switch and it’s only on sale for 12 days T_T

Login to Me Too

Temp20211226e
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I’m trying to login but PayPal keeps asking me to verify by phone - but I don’t have these phones anymore… how do I get around this?

Login to Me Too

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

hello @Temp20211226e 

you can't. (get around that) .

verification is mandatory.
you will need to contact paypal customer service to resolve this.

during working days and hours of operation

by messaging from paypal, by phone, and also on Facebook and Twitter (PayPal customer service is present above)

on paypal:

- at the bottom of the Help And Contact page

then at the bottom of the page that opens "contact us" (on the right) and finally, still at the bottom right: "call us"

Login to Me Too

Tumik
New Community Member
Unable to log in to my PayPal account because my identity was not established after logging in several times and my service provider was slow in sending me identity code
Login to Me Too

Rennsport500
New Community Member

Hello,

i can't log into my account, because my number changed. Paypal does not show any other possabilities to log in.  What can i do? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rennsport500 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ckc81
New Community Member

My partner has changed his phone number, he tried to log into his PayPal to change it but he can't get past the security check as this is in his old number, how can he fix this?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ckc81 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

edu177

I have the same problem. Created my account a few years back using and old phone number while I was living in Budapest but I don't live in Hungary anymore and it keeps asking me for the SMS Code verification through that number when I try to log in.

Apparently the only solution is to call Hungarin support? Isn't there an email, live chat or something?

If I call, does anyone know if they provide support in English as I don't speak Hungarian?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.