Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

hello @UmGurur , by residence, are you talking about country?
if so, you cannot use the paypal account. when you change country, you ( obligatorily )must close the account and open a new account, from the new country.
likewise, the mobile number cannot go to an account in another country

Login to Me Too

julst
Contributor
Contributor

I’m not the owner of the phone number I used to create the account anymore. I moved to another country, and I can’t reset the password I forgot because the only option is by text message on the phone number I missed.

Login to Me Too

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@julst 

if you have changed country, you will not be able to put a mobile number from another country on the account. nor will there be any receipt of the validation code.

contact paypal customer service now to see with them what to do.

during working days and hours of operation

by messaging from paypal, by phone, and also on Facebook and Twitter (PayPal customer service is present above)

on paypal:

- at the bottom of the Help And Contact page

then at the bottom of the page that opens "contact us" (on the right) and finally, still at the bottom right: "call us"

Login to Me Too

NamelessOne9
Contributor
Contributor

I cant log in into my account because of the mobile number verification, after typing password it asks for that code they sent to mobile phone but my phone number they have is not correct so I never get the code. They can't call me or send the sms message. And since I can't log in I cant type my correct phone number in account settings. Can someone help

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NamelessOne9 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

NamelessOne9
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the message, I have seen this option call us, so basically there is no other way?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NamelessOne9 

Its the best way but you could try >>>

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TypicalCat
New Community Member

I used to have access to my old account but the phone number has been changed and it never notified me about it, I can no longer enter the account since the only option I do have when I try to forget password is to send a text message to a phone number I don't own.

Login to Me Too

Magita
Contributor
Contributor

I changed my phone number and now I can't log in

Login to Me Too

McHenche
New Community Member

So a while ago i changed my phone number and lost my old number and so i can't login into my paypal account and i also can't call atm so is there any other way for me to login without phone verification?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.