Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,986 REPLIES 4,986

Mary2703
New Community Member

yes, this is happening to me too right now. this solution didn't work for  me. It keeps taking me back to send-code to my old number to access "settings" to CHANGE my number! I tried calling, but when the robot is out of options they send you back to main menu and if you click press "other options" at the end of every option to speak to someone, they just hang up with "sorry there is no one available" etc. These telephone options are the same on the site. i have money there and because apparently it is impossible to change old number, they just take my money? is it lost forever? just like that? I moved to another country, tried cancelling this old account to prevent this and just opened a new account in new country, but when money was sent to me, thinking to my new account, paypal automatically linked everything to my old data  (old tel + old email) and stuck with this problem now. there is no one to talk to via call. there is access to solutions on site but they keep sending me to my old number to log in with the code. I can't get passed that.        

Login to Me Too

Evaldas-
Contributor
Contributor

Change my phone number and i cant now log in , what i need doing now ?

Login to Me Too

KamalGangu
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello Evaldas- 
Thank you for contacting PayPal. I I realize you're having difficulties login into your account since you no longer have your previous phone number. 

• In this scenario, we would advise our customers to contact our customer service team. You can contact them by visiting to www.PayPal.com > Contact Us > Password and Account Access > Login Issues.
  • Once you reach the page, you will find multiple option, please call our team on the available number.
  • Once you are connected, our team will be able to help you gain access to your account. -Kamal
Login to Me Too

Brunelfan
Contributor
Contributor

I have lost my mobile phone.  Since all the secondary security routes involve this phone, I now cannot get access to my account.

Login to Me Too

Henrik27
Contributor
Contributor

i cant login to my account i have called 4 times today customer servise they dont do anything what shall i do they dont send me a security code ihave tried weeks

Login to Me Too

ulfstein
Contributor
Contributor

I've recently moved from Germany to Australia and as such have a new phone number. Unfortunately this means that I cannot log into my account as the verification code is sent to a phone number I no longer have access to. I've looked for answers in the community but have been unable to come up with a solution that does not require me to make a long distance call to PayPal in Germany so I'd like to close the account altogether BUT, again, I am unable to log into my account (see above). Is there anyone fro PayPal on this forum who can help me out with this?

Login to Me Too

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

hello @ulfstein , there is the solution to contact paypal customer service from twitter and facebook. customer service is present on it.

note that you will not be able to put an Australian mobile number on the German account.
when you leave a country, you must close the account and open a new one, which corresponds to the new country.

have a nice day

Login to Me Too

burhanwazir
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I change my cell phone number which i give to paypal for 2 steps verifcation.How can i change it before logging in as paypal wont take me farward to my account winthout that number.Thanks

Login to Me Too

Lisebo
New Community Member

I have relocated to a different country and I would like to change my mobile number. Paypal is sending verification codes to the old number that I no longer have access to. I have sent requests for assistance, but I am not getting assistance. What must I do?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lisebo 

If the new phone number is based in your new country of residence, you’ll have to open new account under that country:
https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/country-worldwide

Contact PayPal at Facebook or Twitter to close out your old account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.