Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

honza3
Contributor
Contributor

My problem exactly

Login to Me Too

Temp20230508B

Not 100% exact ! Because after i answer to secret question they ask me ... for nuber texted to the phone number i did not have anymore. so i can no solve anything !

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20230508B 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Abderraouf1
Contributor
Contributor
I have problem this i can't sign in my PayPal account with this number i changed my phone number
Login to Me Too

Theklitsa
Contributor
Contributor
i changed my phone number and when i log into my account it sends me to the old number for verification and i can't log into my account
Login to Me Too

Sintharius
New Community Member

My old PayPal account suddenly asked me to confirm my identity with an old phone number that I no longer use, and has been locked due to no top up from being overseas for too long. Facebook message to PayPal asked me to call them... which is not very convenient as I am halfway around the world from the US.

Is there any solution to my problem at all?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You are better off opening a PayPal account in the country of where you are now. Since PayPal tracks where you are location wise, it will ask you to verify yourself if you are overseas and trying to use your US PayPal account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

SunnyDays
Contributor
Contributor

Usually there is a way to avoid adding a mobile phone number, but today while logging into my Paypal account there was no such possibility. I do not like mobile phones and this is against my right to not have a mobile phone (number). Where is the law or the rule that says that providing a mobile phone number or owning a mobile phone is MANDATORY? Smells like fascism.

By the way, I am not a robot (Mr. recaptcha) and I am not ashamed to be human and will not be replaced by robots anytime soon.

Login to Me Too

bigshug
New Community Member

I'm experiencing the same problem. Every time I sign on into my Paypal account I need to use my mobile phone.  I rarely use my mobile phone and this is an inconvenience for me but I need to get a number text from Paypal every time I sign in. Even to leave this message here.

Login to Me Too

fromthemomma
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a senior citizen and don't have or want a cell phone.  Suddenly I'm unable to log in to pay my bill.  I can't afford a cell phone even if I wanted one.  Discrimination.  There are plenty of other ways to verify my account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.