Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

mobilemadness
Contributor
Contributor

I wasted about two hours calling Paypal and trying to find a way for them to close my account (because I don't own a mobile phone) and send me my money. No success. Luckily I only have a small balance on my Paypal account (around $30) which I guess Paypal gets to keep. I feel ripped off. I won't use Paypal again even if I eventually get a mobile phone.

Login to Me Too

orgasmictomato
Contributor
Contributor

@PurpleDragon7 Same as me and all I need to do is renew my card details for them to make more money from my purchases.....

my Paypal acct does not allow me to log in and that means - NO MORE BUSINESS for Paypal from me as I have been a customer for more than a decade and tens of thousands of dollars have past through my acct for there profit...... and I do not have a mobile as I am recluse and deaf and I will not be bullied into purchasing something I have no use for..... BTW    I  was writing code for the computers back before any of you had internet..... Dial up 1985 with Apple IIe .... I am 72 years young......
Jim

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@orgasmictomato 

Just contact them and request account closure if you don't want to add a phone or continue using your account.

Not sure what being deaf or your age has anything to do with having a mobile phone as the security requirements are sent by text !!

Personally I wouldn't be without my mobile, don't leave the house without it and I am only a few years younger than you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dr_J1
Contributor
Contributor

Plubbbbbbbbb!

Login to Me Too

Dr_J1
Contributor
Contributor

Amen..brother!  I'm looking for another service now.

Login to Me Too

Kateblair
Contributor
Contributor
My contact details on PayPal need updating but unable to log in due to two factor log in as it uses my old phone number. Will not allow me to log in another way
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kateblair 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Kateblair
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you
Login to Me Too

Manju253
New Community Member
Hey, I’m trying to access my account after a long while, and it’s asking me verify myself with my OLD PHONE NUMBER. How do I update my phone number please ?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Manju253 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.