Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Helloes 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Pirittap
New Community Member
I can’t log in to paypal. There is old phone number, where they want to send a message or call. How I can change the phone number ?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pirittap 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Foggy4U
New Community Member
I'm unable to log in as my mobile number is wrong and I am unable to change it. Any help gratefully received.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Foggy4U 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Yshakabraham_20
Contributor
Contributor

hello please help me i am trying to login to my paypal account it respond me " Sorry, we couldn’t confirm it’s you "

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Yshakabraham_20 

Do you have a mobile (not landline) phone issued in your country and registered in just your name verified on your Paypal account?
Paypal are using mobile phones for i.d requirements for logging in and withdrawal funds for extra security measures.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Yshakabraham_20
Contributor
Contributor

I create the account when i am in Finland currently I lived in Ethiopia so i have no access to that phone  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Yshakabraham_20 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts / cancel any subscriptions and close the old Paypal account before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Also the option to receive paypal payments is sadly not available in Ethiopia.
You can only send payments for purchases funded by your (confirmed) credit card.

Paypal varies a lot country to country and can only offer the services that the banks / governments of that country allow it to offer.
There are quite a few countries unable to receive paypal payments.

https://www.paypal.com/ga/webapps/mpp/ua/residence-full

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Yshakabraham_20
Contributor
Contributor

please help me I have more than $1000 in my account  how we fix the problem. how we reach paypal Finland customer service   

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.