Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

StaceyRobinson
New Community Member

I work for a large charity organisation and I am trying to enrol us to be able to receive donations.

A previous volunteer set up the paypal account but unfortunately is no longer with us.

The security check is linked to her landline number which is no longer in use.

How can I change the password to enable us to log on to it!!?

When I click "contact us" as advised in previous threads it is asking me to log in - but I can't when I don't know the log in info!

Login to Me Too

Bereeeeh
New Community Member
Account verification and log in
Login to Me Too

Pietrobasso
New Community Member

Hello. I used to live in Prague but I have moved to London, therefore I have changed my phone number. Because of that I am not able to log into my account. I write my email and password and then it asks me to send a message or call (but only to my old number - and it doesn't give me any other option).

What can I do? I need to log into my account. I was given a number to call but nobody answers (it only says that the system is busy).

Please help.

Login to Me Too

tsvetanski
Contributor
Contributor

My girlfriend have the same issues-she lost her phone.The USA number of paypal is not responding!There are money inside her account.Do you know the email of paypal?

Login to Me Too

MarkoBusch1988
Contributor
Contributor

ich möchte gerne mein PayPal meine Teiefonnummer ändern. 

Login to Me Too

Finlay5016
Contributor
Contributor
I have lost my phone number. Now i can't login to my account becouse thare asking for verification code.but i am unable to give code for lost phone number.now how i can login to my account?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Finlay5016 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tuokah432
New Community Member
I send paygoo gift prepaid Master cards 135e my old account and idont have same Phone numbers and i dont remember password this account
Login to Me Too

Helloes
New Community Member
Hello my name is Angela and I want please to know how can I change the number since is not allowing me to have access to my account !!! I have no more access to that number and I always have just tried and then let the PayPal all together because i got exhausted but now they need my paypal for online payment
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Helloes 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.