Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,985 REPLIES 4,985

nvdali
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks a lot
Login to Me Too

tomkok123
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I was trying to login to my password PayPal account but i got stuck in the login screen. It asked me to add a number but no matter how many times i entered the correct number , it still say that my number is invalid. I can't go through that login screen so i can't even login and send the customer service a message. A month ago, i can press skip and add number next time. However, i don't have that option anymore and i Just can't login. Can someone please help me out?
Login to Me Too

EMILYKNIBBS
New Community Member

I am unable to login to my account because there is a screen asking me to add my mobile number. I do not have a mobile number. I do not have text message facility on my landline. How can I get past this "add your mobile number" screen to login? I am using windows 10 not the app.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EMILYKNIBBS 

Read my post just 2 above yours. !!!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

rrawli
New Community Member

I'm locked out of the system because I don't give out my cell number.  I use the land line instead.  Except it doesn't work when I try to use it.  WTF?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rrawli 

Thats why paypal have put messages on paypal accounts for months now telling you to add or update a mobile phone on your account.

Once in you need to add one.........

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Brenda2929
Contributor
Contributor
Provided proof of ID about a week ago to alter my paypal account name( only used initial for first name) & still have hadn’t any resolution to amend this. Should I just give up & create another account & forgo the balance in my account or persevere ? Very frustrating & also now fear of where my photo ID ended up! Any suggestions & thank you!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Brenda2929 

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

JoshGallagher
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

I am hoping someone can help me. 

I want to log into my Paypal however I haven't logged in a very long time. 

I know my email and password however it then wants me to go through a 2 step verification process using my phone. 

My phone number is long changed since the last time I logged in but the only 2 options to verify are by text or calling me.

How do I verisfy it is me without using the phone, as I can only update my number once logged in...which I can't do.

Please help 

Login to Me Too

missnikkitorrs
New Community Member
Hi! I have trouble logging in. I know my username and password but after logging in it says ‘not sure if this is you’ then they send to a number ( which i dunno whose number? that is why i cant retrieve my acct or can’t log in.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.