Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
5,002 REPLIES 5,002

missnikkitorrs
New Community Member
Hi! I have trouble logging in. I know my username and password but after logging in it says ‘not sure if this is you’ then they send to a number ( which i dunno whose number? that is why i cant retrieve my acct or can’t log in.
Login to Me Too

Davidjames28
New Community Member
I am trying to change my phone number so I can log in but it won't let me log in to change the number
Login to Me Too

walker8352
New Community Member

Cant access account to change telephone number as it asks for 2 step code... how to update mobile number please ?

Login to Me Too

Sharonlux
Hi i cant change my new phone number in the system. They ask me the double identification but with my old number. How can i change it?
Login to Me Too

lwa2
New Community Member
I'm trying to log in but it wants me to use my number to verify but I have a new number now what is the best way to sort this out thanks
Login to Me Too

sushant3
New Community Member

recently i changed my country and now i am unable to uae previous phone number and now when i tried to get login it asks me a verification code send to the previous number now what can i do?

Login to Me Too

Alf1985
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Members,

I am unable to access my paypal account with correct username/password due to authentication problem. The phone number I used for the two factor authentication is no longer working, I tried to contact the company but they say since it is pay-as-you-go, they cannot reissue the number or send me a new Sim card. 

Back to my problem with Paypal, I am currently outside UK, and tried so hard to get help-via-call but no luck.

I have a verified paypal account, and linked to my card as well as bank account, my username/password are correct.

Additionally, I have relatively large amount of money in my current account.

Any help is most welcomed.

Login to Me Too

RevoltingMass
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to access my Paypal account but I can't online in PC cos I've not got the same phone number as before. Paypal help pages send me round in circles, Please help!

Login to Me Too

lindlew
New Community Member

Hello

I've moved to Spain and tried to change my account details to indicate the new address and my Spanish mobile number but it won't allow me to access my on-line account as they try sending a code to me on my old mobile contract number which no longer exists!! Any ideas about how I can get round this please?

Login to Me Too

Nemanja94
Contributor
Contributor

Please help me. My phone got stolen, number i used for authorisation is in that phone. Now i cant access to my account. I tried contacting paypal on facebook, got briefed there and now they completely ignore me. On paypal site i talked to numerous staff persons including Dax, Peter, Julia. Dax told me he sent some kind of mail to my email adress but nothing came in 3 hour time. Now i cant even live-chat to them because i think they shadow-banned me. 
I can provide all the needed info, i can send my national ID picture, i have all the needed passwords, emails, my bank accounts, everything. I just cant get past mobile phone verification/authorisation. Can someone help me with some concrete advice? Im trying to do this for 6 hours now. This is my last resort. Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.