Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,979 REPLIES 4,979

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
I changed my number , I have trouble logging inn, Need to change my mobile number,
Login to Me Too

gedas9
Contributor
Contributor
Į can't conect,Į lošt my phone. Thanks
Login to Me Too

1968dale
New Community Member

Hi 

I have changed my phone number & when trying to log in it asks for verification on my phone but I do not have that number & it will not let me access my account to change it?

Many thanks 

Login to Me Too

Michael882
New Community Member
Hi it won't let me log in because it's set to my old number and it won't let me log in to change it lol. I phone and they cut me off lol. Any1 no any help. Thanks
Login to Me Too

Legenda2020
I dont know i need hel to
Login to Me Too

Thomas296
New Community Member

Hi everyone,

I am currently having issues with Paypal! I am trying to access my account of which I haven't used in a long time. Since my last use PayPal have implemented a two step verification system. Not having used the account in quite some time I haven't updated my contact details and can no longer access either of the numbers available to verify my sign in.

I have tried to contact Paypal via Facebook and have been directed to call them, I have called them and get cut off with no further explanation.

I am currently waiting for someone to get in touch however nobody has! I assume they will try to get in touch with my old contact details.

I have read many other people have had the same or similar issues, I need to get in touch with Paypal as this is joke, I would also like to complain but need to sign in to do so!

Login to Me Too

Legenda2020
Open paysafe
Login to Me Too

nicholassjohnn
New Community Member
I can't login to my account because i don't have any more the mobile number
Login to Me Too

Niuchas
New Community Member

Hi,

I've always been able to log in to my paypal, but recently I lost my phone and no longer have access to that phone, but when I try logging in now, it's asking for a verification from the number I don't have anymore. What can I do to solve this? I have no facebook to contact the support team and I can't take the verification thing off.. 

Login to Me Too

angool
New Community Member

I have been trying to log in to my account for more than a week but I can't. At the beginning of the login, it asks me to enter the code sent to the phone number. I noticed that the mobile number is wrong. I tried by forgetting the password. I cleared the cache. I tried other browsers but none of them solved the problem. There is no option to change the method. Unfortunately, the response of the support team is discouraging. They do not answer. Does anyone know what I should do?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.