Unknown FastSpring transactions

Hangfire
Contributor
Contributor

Several payments to FastSpring through Paypal have shown up on one of my credit card statements. I have not signed any agreement with this company and after searching their internet site I am unable to find any method to contact them other than this email. Payments to FastSpring are as follows:
July 13 2023 two payments for $21.15 total $42.30
July 13 2023 two payments for $31.75 total $63.50
October 13 2023 two payments $21.15 total $42.30
October 13 2023 two payments $31.75 total $63.50

I don't have an account with FastSpring. I have no idea what the company does but at this point it appears the company is less than honest. Paypal informed me, and others, to try to contact FastSpring first before registering a complaint through Paypal but I was unable to find a page attached to FastSpring that allowed me to post without a registration or password. I am requesting a refund and no further deductions from my Paypal account. Please acknowledge this email through ?? This email could not be sent because it contained my email address. Is this simply a scam?*

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Hangfire

Thanks for posting your first question on the PayPal Community Forum! 

I understand you'd like to dispute four payments to FastSpring that appear on your credit card statement but not on your PayPal account. I'm sorry to hear this has happened. If the transactions do not appear on your PayPal account, the transactions were likely made as a guest checkout. At that time, a subscription was probably created also, which allowed future payments to go through. I recommend reaching out to Customer Support for assistance investigating these charges and filing the proper dispute. You can review the different options to contact Customer Support on our Help Center here: How do I contact PayPal's Customer Service? 

I hope this information helps you obtain a refund! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Hangfire
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Megan,

Thank you for such a quick response. I may not have explained the situation clearly as I'm not totally clear on it myself. The company I only know as FastSpring was paid a total of $296.20 at different times in the amounts of $31.75 and $21.15 for products or services unknown to me. These payments were paid by Paypal from my WestBank account. 

After hours of searching, I still know almost nothing of FastSpring other than there appears to be quite the mix of critiques concerning the manner in which in which they do business though the majority of the negative ones refer the complainant to Paypal which displays the October payments from my bank through Paypal to FastSpring. Paypal doesn't display the July payments (out-of-date range?) There is no method with which I can contact a representative of that company without having an account and I don't want to trigger any additional charges by signing up for anything. If you can assist me in figuring out how I can stop any additional recurring charges from my account and attempt to acquire refunds I would greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely, Hangfire

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Hangfire

Welcome back! Sorry for any confusion. I understand you have some unrecognized transactions from Fastspring on your bank account. If those transactions were listed on your PayPal account, we would recommend opening a dispute on PayPal as well as cancelling the billing agreements on your account. 

Since they are only reflecting on your bank's side, we would recommend reaching out to your bank to see what options are available to report unauthorized activity. 

You're also welcome to reach out to our Customer Support teams to see if this was created under your name with through a Guest Checkout transaction. If it was not created under your name, then it's best to continue to work with your bank.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may present,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Hangfire
Contributor
Contributor

JonK,

I have a feeling the confusion is on my end, I may not have explained that FastSpring used Paypal to pay for whatever service they provide. I assumed that PayPal was able to see my account, but apparently not. FastSpring charged my PayPal account who in turn charged my bank account. What do I have to do to get the folks at Paypal to see FS used PP to deduct funds from my bank? Is this the point I go to the resolution center in the hope that they will be able to see that PayPal was involved in this transaction? I wouldn't have harangued anyone at PayPal had they had no part in this.

My apologies for misspelling Meghan's name and any others.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Hangfire

Thank you for your reply! I understand the confusion. The information that Meghan provided regarding guest checkout would apply, based on what you have said in this thread. If you contact PayPal Customer service and advise that, they can assist you with information regarding the next steps. If you ever did make the first transaction with them and are only disputing subsequent charges, make sure that you explain that as well.

I hope this information helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

niceusername

good evening Meghan, I reply to your message but im sure it can be attached to any of the replies you guys from PayPal gave to your customer @Hangfire 

(do not forget he's a customer...) 

SO, i did perfectly understood the situation, this guy has been fraud (as i am) and he's requesting your assistance

IS IT POSSIBLE that by asking your assistance, one have to get even more exhausted by explaining something you should be TRAINED for?

All the replies I can find here, are only weak attempts to charge the responsibility to the other side, without taking into account that most of your customers are asking for HELP. (and they not steal the money the work!)

FastSpring is well known for doing this kind of steals, it happened twice to me, and sometimes you give the refund and sometimes not?

How is that? 

Im following this thread until we all get a refund or at least the name of the product we payed for... ! 

THANKS

all the best

nice username 😉 

Login to Me Too

Bethlehem57
Contributor
Contributor

I just noticed this charge on my PP account and have no idea who this is and what it’s from.  My charge was $37.42. When I did search for this company, I see some type of financial product, but I’ve never visited that site or created account.

of course I’ll be disputing the charge. It’s just another annoying mess that seems to happen more frequently.  I’m glad I watch our accounts like a hawk.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.