Unknown Debit Card Transaction Declined

CyFree
Contributor
Contributor

I keep getting emails and text messages about a declined Debit Card transaction due to insufficient balance. The emails and text messages do not specify what kind of charge is being declined and the amount of the transaction. There is also absolutely ZERO information about that declined charge on my PayPal account OR my PayPal Debit card account. The message just prompts me to add more money to my PayPal balance without specifying how much or w3hat will it be used for. 

I haven't used my PayPal debit card since November which I why I suspect this charge that keeps being declined is a fraudulent charge. 

I could not resolve this issue via PayPal phone support and i will not add any money to my PayPal balance until I know exactly what Debit Card transaction is being declined and for what. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @CyFree

Thanks for joining the PayPal Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you have declined transactions and that they're most likely unauthorized. If you're referring to the PayPal Debit Card, please call the number on the back of your card to have the transactions investigated and reported. If it's a different debit card, then it sounds to me like someone else obtained the card number and is using it on an account that isn't yours. That would explain why the transactions are not showing on your PayPal account. When reaching out to Customer Support by selecting 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal website, they should be able to locate the attempted transactions by searching the card number. I would also contact your bank to have them cancel and issue a new card if you haven't already. 

I hope this information helps and you're able to determine what happened! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.