Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,985 REPLIES 4,985

MartinaL19
New Community Member

Hello, I have problem with verification of my account. I have to verife log in with code from SMS. But I dont have acces to the phone number anymore!

What can I do? 

Thank you so much 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MartinaL19 

Try:
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
3. Use the forgotten password option several times.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Munteanu
Contributor
Contributor
Lost my phone number and i can t log in to my account what shall i do ?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Munteanu 

Try:
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
3. Use the forgotten password option several times.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nadsrb
New Community Member

dear sir ,

I had lost my phone number which is i connect it to my paybal account so how can i slove this problem to enter to my account?

Login to Me Too

MyOneManBand
New Community Member

Can anyone help me?

I used to have a PayPal account in the UK - I am trying to make one in the USA. To close my UK account I need to login, but the multi-factor authentication is sending a call to my old UK number which is no longer active. To contact support I need to login. I tried to call support but it just tells me that support it not offered right now. I think I need to close my UK account and set up a new US account with the same gmail account - but I need some help to do so as I cannot access my account.

Login to Me Too

Huntana
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, haven't used account for really long time. I want to close my account but I'm unable to, because when I login it asks me for phone auth, but my phone has changed. Email is the same, i changed the password, but I'm still unable to use paypal. I tried calling the support centre but got nothing. Anyone can help? This is really frustrating.

Ignas

Login to Me Too

Beardaction
New Community Member
I need money from another account but cant get into it because its linked to phone number I dont have any more but every time I try and access it it sends a code to the number I havent got and wont let me the account. Any way to resolve this or is my money just gone because if this phone number **bleep**?
Login to Me Too

Roset4
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I have another account for my business with another email. I tried logging into it but it turns out I forgot the last digit of my phonenumber, so there for the verification codes are going to a wrong number and I can not log in. Please help me I need to change the phone number but I can’t log in. Can someone else do it?
Login to Me Too

ElvisArtie
New Community Member
Hallo....I have a problem logging in because I changed my phone number and they constantly send me the identification code to the old number ..... how can I solve the problem when there is no option to send it to me by mail?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.