Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kriszbalog99 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MarkAodhan2020
New Community Member

Hi, I have both a UK and a Canadian paypal accoubt. My PayPal uk account changed my number automatically so I can't access it due to 2 step verification. I have a Canadian number and logged into the Uk account using the 2 step verification 5 mins before with text proof of the verification code. I then logged out and when I went to log back in it had added a zero to the start of my number for some reason so now I can't receive any text or calls. Does anyone know how to deal with this or who I need to contact? It's ridiculous that my number can just be changed with no authority and prevent my access. The last 4 digits are my own number It's just added a zero to start.

Login to Me Too

TheNoobKing
Contributor
Contributor

So recently, my SIM card provider deactivated my SIM card because I haven't topped it up within 120 days even though I've been using it (which is a complete ripoff) and my PayPal account wants me to verify myself before logging into my account but that requires a call or SMS to my deactivated number and I have £10 in my PayPal which I don't want to go to waste. (lol)

Also, I can't contact them because their support service is closed for 2 days since it's Christmas. What a "lovely" present, PayPal. I hate it.

Is there anything I can do? (apart from call PayPal since I can't)

Login to Me Too

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

hello @TheNoobKing , you contact paypal on facebook and twitter (paypal customer service is present above)
it is enough above to send a message.

Due to the fact that you do not have access to your old phone number, you will need to contact our telephone support team.

Please go to the PayPal home page and
1. Go to the Contact Us page: https://www.paypal.com - contact us
2. Select Password and account access
3. Select Connection issues

or

during working days and hours of operation

by messaging from paypal, by phone, and also on Facebook and Twitter (PayPal customer service is present above)

on paypal:

- at the bottom of the Help And Contact page

then at the bottom of the page that opens "contact us" (on the right) and finally, still at the bottom right: "call us"

Login to Me Too

Baruden
Contributor
Contributor

Hello All,

Hopefully you guys are more helpful than Paypal Message center. i live in Kuwait, i was in Malaysia for 2-year i have another account registered in my Malaysian Line but i have came back. 

Whenever i try to log in they are requesting to text my Malaysian phone number which i left there, now i am trying to contact the paypal costumer service i cannot since i have to log in and when i logged in another account they told me to contact them as a quest and with their poor instruction i cannot find the contact as a quest i even showed them every step i did and it really not there i followed their steps. 

Now am stuck and i cannot contact paypal in my email and nor i have accesses to my old phone to get the code.

Login to Me Too

GabrielBlanco21
New Community Member

Hello i don’t have the number of my account because i’m not living in UK anymore, and a want to login o my account please

Login to Me Too

Temp20211230bd
New Community Member

Had to open a new account to write this . I can't get into my old account , the password is right but the phone number is wrong , I've called PayPal and because I don't know my old debit card number they can't access it either . Now on this new account I can't add a card or bank as it's saying they are in use on another account . I also can't close the old account and neither will they . Any other options ?

Login to Me Too

Naimans
New Community Member

Hello, how its possible go inside in my account without old phone number?

Login to Me Too

brymchalo
Contributor
Contributor

I dont use my phone number/its change. And now i cant log in my paypal,because ask me for code which are send to this unavailable number. How i log in???

Login to Me Too

allenlaurente
New Community Member

I'm having problem logging to my account. I recently changed my phone number and now, whenever I am trying to log in, paypal cannot confirm that it's my account eventhough I am entering the correct details. Helpppp. : ((

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.