Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,985 REPLIES 4,985

TasleemaJ
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @temp20220219A

If you are facing issues accessing your PayPal account due to an old phone number, please contact us through the website to resolve the login issues. You can locate the Support option number by clicking on the "Help & Contact" link at the bottom of our website and then choosing the "Password and account access" issue.

Thanks and Regards,

TasleemaJ

Login to Me Too

kasembe
Contributor
Contributor

hi,

i come through a boucle that i get evrytime back to the selection.

calling the 0800 number of Paypal doesn't work, the number here in belgium not work.

can any one of pay pal call me please

Login to Me Too

Claryse
Contributor
Contributor

Hello guys , i have a bad situation here , i want login to my account but i dont have acces to my phone number because was expired for 1 week ago so i cant recive messages or any calls for login to my account .  My question is how i can login my account with another verify method like mail or something like that ?

Login to Me Too

Sammygo12
New Community Member
Changed mobile number
Login to Me Too

Kai103
New Community Member
I want to login into my old PayPal account but I no longer have access to my old mobile number I know my password and email adress but it won’t let me pass where they eaither text you a code or call you I no longer have access to that sim card
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kai103 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

globaltradefa
Contributor
Contributor

Hi My PayPal is pending my money as well I lost my phone sim card that's why can t receive the code to access my account Please help me Best regards Abdelilah [Removed] [Removed]

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@globaltradefa 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jake1987
New Community Member
I can’t access the mobile number I used to create the account as I’ve changed my number, how do I go about changing my number?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.