Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

AF41
New Community Member
When I try to pay with PayPal it asks me to verify my account, that’s fair. But all the numbers PayPal have are incorrect or way out of date. PayPal will not let me login to try and rectify this and nor is there an option to contact anyone to fix this, I’ve tried so many times! All I want to do is login and change my contact number, why is this so hard to do? I even managed to login and change my password today but login and change my phone number, no?!? If I cannot rectify this I want to close my account but ill be I won’t be able to do that either, since I can’t access anything from my own account! Send help!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AF41 

Try:
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
3. Use the forgotten password option several times.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kimmy7785
New Community Member
I can't login in to change phone number
Login to Me Too

angelaconner
New Community Member
Hi can anyone help me how do I change my phone number its asking to txt me wen I try to login but the 2 numbers on their I dnt have anymore as I changed my number a few mths ago
Login to Me Too

Bronte1995
New Community Member
Hey! I can’t log in! The only option it’s giving me is to verify with my mobile number I no longer have access to, it’s not bringing up any option to change it or let me do it a different way, I owe money on there and I’m trying to pay it but it’s not letting me! Help
Login to Me Too

azoy
New Community Member
Please help i had money on account and cant connect to it cause my old number. - My phone got stolen with my last number. Now i cant connect to paypal cause it send a code on old number, and i lost it
Login to Me Too

dushyantsulekh9
Contributor
Contributor

Shifted to India... log in problem as my mobile number is changed... 

when i try to log in screen says Authentication Required and give me options to call or send msg on my old mobile.

pls help me to change mobile number and access my account.

thank you 

Login to Me Too

LadyofShalott
New Community Member

Hi, I can't log in to my PayPal Account (which I haven't used in a while) due to a change of phone number. Authentication is, obviously, looking for verification through my old number. Surely there should be more options on Authentication, to allow people to update phone numbers? 

I'd be very grateful if someone could tell me how to get back in!

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too

Patrick1014
New Community Member

My mobile number is no longer valid. I want to change it but cannot do so because To log into my account I must receive a validation text with a code. I cannot receive a code to enter my profile and therefore cannot change my number!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.