From Now On I Am Not Going To Ship Items If Funds Are On Hold.

djpoptart92
Contributor
Contributor

Because the shipping costs are included in the funds.  If I have no access to the funds cause of the hold, then I have no access to the money the buyer pays for shipping.

Login to Me Too
610 REPLIES 610

efersept
Contributor
Contributor

Batsonelect - I can't speak for anyone else but my comments about so-called "power sellers" was directed towards those that sell massive amounts of crap bought and shipped from some third party wholesale warehouse at basically retail value. In my opinion these sellers do not belong on ebay but rather with a conventional internet storefront. I was not refering to those that earned their power seller rating through hard work and good customer satisfaction rather then through selling loads and loads of crap.

I am not even opposed to them selling their run of the mill merchandise I just do not believe they belong on ebay. A lot of these sellers have positive feedback ratings of around 85% which in my opinion is aweful. They continue this practice because on ebay they are easily able to misrepresent their usually poor quality items and only a relatively small percantage of dissatisfied customers will go through the hassle of getting a refund. And of course ebay and paypal pander to them because of all the money they make off of their fees. 

I meant no disrespect to the group of legitimate power sellers to which you belong.

Login to Me Too

BatsonElect
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for clarifing that. I agree, these import sellers are far too many and they generally sell junk. They generate a lot of money for ebay so ebay doesn't punish them for the crap they sell. I bought/sold  a couple item back in 1999 but for the most part I didn't start on Ebay till 2007. I had a retail store before but came to Ebay for less stress. I sell at a reduced rate because I don't allow refunds. Over the last 6 months I have seen a steady decline in how Ebay works. There are now too  many buyers who know how to work Ebay and get stuff for free or use it and return it. It seams companies forgot what got them the success and when they get big they change and push away the very people that made them big. As for PayPAl, they are just crooks in fancy suits. I lost a chargeback case recently when there was no way I should loose. Because Paypal hides the credit card compny from the sellers and all communication goes thru paypal, I lost. I don't even know why I lost. heck, I don't know what the complaint was because all I got was 2 words from paypal with no explaination. PAypal does nothing to help sellers. In fact, they hinder sellers.  Anyway, thanks for clearing things up. Every one have a good X-Mas.

Login to Me Too

Temp20230601K
Contributor
Contributor

'We/You' are small sellers unlike eBay, PayPal & Power Seller we cannot afford to wait to obtain fund three weeks out to be paid because we are still liable to pay for transaction fees (plus, plus percentages) from eBay for selling the item to them in the first place.  

Good Luck & Happy Holidays to All!

i added this to my last auction 

and once again my id got banned 

Login to Me Too

pjfan
Contributor
Contributor

Note to Craig (cs32cj23)- Congratulations on winning your battle (with cancer and its horrific side affects, both to you and to your whole life)! You meet every qualification and expectation to rightfully and deservingly label yourself a true "SURVIVOR"!!!!!!!!! You're an incredible person and your story is one that anyone can look to for inspiration to "HOLD ON".

Ok. Back to the topic-I'm VERY confused now because first I was told by paypal customer service that the new "holds policy" is been placed on different sellers totally at random. She continued to reassure me that ALL I NEEDED in order to have my funds released was a delivery confirmation. I called paypal a couple days later and spoke with a cust. rep who told me that the random selection for fund holds was not, in fact,  random. It was due to me selling "high risk items". Now, I sell jewelry, but not incredibly expensive items, just a hobby that keeps my mind off of feeling useless because of my recent unemployment.  I also sell DVD's.  And I sold some lingerie . High risk?? (I could make a joke here but I won't). Oh, it must be the one single battery charger I am selling that has placed me over the top and necessitated my being placed into a  into the high risk category.  What!!! And I was just notified by paypal (some message on top of my account) that even after delivery confirmation I STILL HAVE TO WAIT 3 days!!!  When did this come about?? I want to become employed by paypal so that my job's duties included sitting around scratching my a**, trying to figure out new loopholes for sellers obtaining use of THEIR money!!!!!! The first and original paypal rep told me upon proof of delivery, my funds would be released IMMEDIATELY. How unprofessional! NO ONE employed by paypal is on the same page, and rules change by the hour!  ********HELLO: CALLING ALL ATTORNEYS: CAN WE PLEASE GET SOME HELP AND ADVISE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Login to Me Too

madjen
Contributor
Contributor

Everytime I have called paypal or ebay they have told me something different too!

I finally demanded to speak to a supervisor. I was not enlightened as to the true

reason , but he was more helpful. I actually feel sorry for the people that work for

paypal answering the phones must be highly stressful.

When I looked at the list of 'reasons', none of them applied to me. My personal

feeling is that they are trying to get rid of the 'ma and pa' sellers like me. who don't

make them enough money. I think it is motivated by greed.

There were steps to this process, looking back now. Do 'free shipping', 'power

sellers', 'top sellers' etc. Weeding people out. I don't believe for one second it

was random and they don't care if your ratings are the best, just how much you

make for them. Look at all the expensive items now on ebay, the cars,the houses,

the manufactured art.

I am going elsewhere, I GET IT!

Login to Me Too

theinnovgrp
Contributor
Contributor

I'm with you on calling the attorneys. There should be something we can do. I was told about the random hold when it first happened to me last year. It was supposed to be for high ticket  purchases over $100, and feedback scores less than 100 and less than 100%. I have been a member since 2001 with a feedback score of 63  and 100%. As you can tell, I really don't sell that much. I'm certainly not a power seller. I don't know how true it is, but I was told by one of the PayPal reps that they were holding any seller's funds in any amount. All I know now is that I have shipped my orders last week, within days of the orders, provided confirmation numbers, and I'm still waiting on feedback and my money.

Login to Me Too

lyndi
Contributor
Contributor

tebs225, i agree and you can count me in!!!

Login to Me Too

madjen
Contributor
Contributor

yes, I am leaving also. There are other onlines,ebid,etsy,etc and other checkouts,google check

out, first date merchant service,etc. We all need to hit ebay and paypal where it hurts most,

in their greedy little pocket book!

Login to Me Too

really
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

You say too much, just leave.

Login to Me Too

i40antiq
Contributor
Contributor
I just found out they are holding my money for an item I received payment for.  This is not right.  I could not even use the money that was sent by the buyer for shipping. Therefore, when I shipped it, costs a lot more.  THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS.  WE CAN'T USE A SITE THAT KEEPS OUR MONEHY.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.