From Now On I Am Not Going To Ship Items If Funds Are On Hold.

djpoptart92
Contributor
Contributor

Because the shipping costs are included in the funds.  If I have no access to the funds cause of the hold, then I have no access to the money the buyer pays for shipping.

Login to Me Too
610 REPLIES 610

djpoptart92
Contributor
Contributor

Aww.  they didn't like it cause I called them a name.... Boo Hoo.  they deleted my post.  Gimmie my **bleep** money and I wouldn't have to say stuff like that

Login to Me Too

5cardstud
Contributor
Contributor

I can understand your frustration but what about the buyer? I'm not going to leave feedback untill I see what I paid for. i have three items I bought in the last 2 weeks. I paid for all three imediatly after I won the bid. One I recieved and imediatly left feedback for. One is on the way and confirmed as shipped. One says the electronic notification was recieved but don't know if package was shipped. If sellers would notify buyers of shipping and ship faster it would expidite their money they have comming.

Login to Me Too

tjumper78
Contributor
Contributor

not leaving a feedback until you received the item in good condition is fine.  completely understandable.  however, not all buyers are nice and honest like you.  some do not leave feedbacks just to be a-holes, and some just do not bother to do it at all.  heck, i wouldnt be surprised if some people did not even know how to leave feedbacks.

like i mentioned in the earlier post, i shipped out 3 items and they were all received, confirmed by the UPS and USPS's tracking system.  the buyers even emailed me saying that they received the items 7-8 days ago.  they just have not left the feedbacks, and i havent seen a penny even with the tracking information uploaded to paypal.

guess what the items were.  golf clubs!  not a computer, not an ipod, not some fancy expensive electronics.  each one cost me $20~30 to ship, and can you guess whose money i spent on shipping?

my main problem with paypal/ebay is that they are not releasing the funds when they are supposed to.  even without feedbacks being posted, paypal is supposed to release the fund 3 days after the confirmation of delivery.  i should not have to call them to get the money that is legally mine.  they are just not doing their jobs.

like many other, i am most likely done with ebay and paypal unless they come up with a better solution to protect both buyers and sellers in fair manners.

Login to Me Too

WhiteRaven
I just talked to someone at PayPal. If the buyer goes into his PayPal account and checks the Item Received box for the item, payment is released to the seller immediately. But before I state what I'm going to do, I also want to say that I have also purchased things from eBay sellers as well as over the Internet. Usually, when you buy something, the seller, like WalMart.com takes your money and ships the item ASAP. There is an implied trust and I would like to be treated the same way. One of the main reasons PayPal was started was as a service for "the Little Guy", someone who was not equipped to handle credit cards, usually because they only had a few things to sell occasionally. The helped us to get paid. Therefore, the only way I'm going to sell stuff is by requiring the buyer to immediately check "Item Received" after they pay. Then I can safely ship the item and email a tracking #. It's all about trust. Otherwise, I wouldn't have an 100% Positive feedback rating on eBay. WR
Login to Me Too

lisasebay
Contributor
Contributor

Where in pay pal is there i a place to check item rec. i have looked everywhere for it ? only one i see is on e-bay page showing item shipped ? do you no under what tab in pay pal ??? thx Lisa ?

Login to Me Too

johnboylambo198
New Community Member

Seems this is happening quite a bit, same thing just happened to me, it was my first sale using paypal and my ignorance of shipping cost me the package and the money as well. I will no longer sale anything via e bay or any other site that uses paypal because they aren't here to help the seller but award the settlements over in a heartbeat to the inconsiderate and unrtruthful buyers out there! Thanks paypal, keep up the good work! I'll be selling my stuff on craigslist but make sure I buy using paypal since they cater only to the consumer!

Login to Me Too

temp20190509j
Contributor
Contributor

This is absolutely ludicrous.  I provided  tracking numbers, the items have all been delivered.  How is it fair that the money is held but the buyer gets their item.  That's what the dispute process is for.  If you get an item thats not what you paid for, you try to get a refund from the seller on your own, or you file a dispute.  Holding the money seems a bit overkill.

I'm sorry ebay has terrible security and can't stop scammers, but that's not my problem.  I sold items because I needed the money.  I've had paypal since 2000? and have never had a dispute, never failed to ship anything, and this is just insane.  it **bleep**s the seller.

Login to Me Too

dvdnewcome
Contributor
Contributor

I have been saying this for a long time, the seller always looses in these bogus un received item cases. I have had 2 already that left positive feed back for items I sold and a couple weeks later filed a case of non reciept. After stating that to ebay they still awarded the person a refund. Total BS

Login to Me Too

MrMaster
Contributor
Contributor

I won't lose if I have to I know the adress I will drive down and get my item or my money back 😉

Login to Me Too

randompanzy
Contributor
Contributor

I had to write this to my Buyer. I hated it and it made me feel like a jerk but this is what paypal is reducing their sellers to. I hope you guys at paypal understand what "cleared payment" is . This means when i have the money in my account <.<! I currently do not so my buyer will have to wait 3 weeks just like how i will enjoy what you guys created.

Hello,

I was trying to regret sending this email but after contacting both paypal and they refused to release the funds. And ebay has me on hold for a hour already. Here is the situation.

Currently i haven't received cleared payment, this isn't a problem with you it is a problem with ebay/paypal for withholding the funds for some reason. The easy fix is having you leave positive feedback now so the funds are released to me and i can send the item. The had fix is waiting 21 days for the payment to clear before i can send the item. Link to the policy is here http://pages.ebay.com/sell/update08/rewardsfaq/#27

I kinda hate to send this because it makes me look like a bad seller but i don't send anything unless i have payment in hand and i currently do not. Please feel free to respond to this email so we can try to work something out.

Thanks in advance, And i apologize for paypals and ebays stupidity.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.