From Now On I Am Not Going To Ship Items If Funds Are On Hold.

djpoptart92
Contributor
Contributor

Because the shipping costs are included in the funds.  If I have no access to the funds cause of the hold, then I have no access to the money the buyer pays for shipping.

Login to Me Too
610 REPLIES 610

MrMaster
Contributor
Contributor

I sent my item out regardless of the payment hold however if this goes south I am contacting the BBB and will take whatever action that is legaly open to me to collect payment.  Physical stores can sue to collect payment so can I.

This is the worst policy I have ever seen.  I regret to say that I will not be selling any further items until this policy is taken care of and discarded as the bad buisiness practice it is.

Login to Me Too

thecoldclown
Contributor
Contributor

you  can sendf  it  and  paypal  wil l stil lhold  it  till  feedback is  left  or  21  days  !-  doesnt  matter  the buyer  still  has  45  days   to  file  a  not  as  described    claim   -45 days!-  thatc why  i stopped selling on  ebay  i use  paypal  for  othe r sites to buy  stuf f though -  you pay    ebay  35  to list  8  -12  5  f/vf/  +   payapl  fees   then htey  want   you to   ship the  item  no  matter what its  worht  and  you better  have  a  confirmation or  you  are  scre d if you cant  prov e it  shipped!but  again  it  dont  matte r - one  exmp i sold a  $  100 dollar  ps2  as-is  for part  only  [ listed  that  way ] - ok   the  buye r recieve dit  with a  delivery conf.  left  feedabck  [ post.]  then  30 days  later    he  files  a claim  stating  it  wasnt  as  described  casue   the seal  was  broke ?  its  fo parts  you have to  remove the  seal  anyways ?  -  note  the  listing  staed  parts -as-is  paypal  refunded  his  money!      so  this  nuer  bought  a  item kept  it  for  30   while  iwaite d 21  for my  $  and  then   10  days after   the  claim hes  givenhis  money back  as the  paypal  rep  said  99%  of the time they  dont  even  lool into the  case  the  buyer  gets a  refund  periosd  -  funny thing  is  ebay  make s you stae    if youl l take  refunds  but  it  dont  matter  if  you do or   you  dont  as  paypal  will  decid e against  you  even  though you staed  no refunds?  whats  the purpose  as  for  your  not  gonna  sell unles sthey  change it   they  arent  going too  i can undertstand    that  some people  might  ship  the  wrong  item or  a diffrent  item    but  and  htis is  key  -  EBAY  AND  PAY  PAL DO  NOT  SEE  /  TEST  /  EXAMINE  OR  CHECK !  ANYTHING  YOU SEND  OR  RECIVE!!!-=---- with  amazon or  google  checkout they    have you  retrun it  to  a pace  to be  checked  but  that  dont  help w/ part  switchers    and  face  paypal is getting  rich  havimg  all  thta  $$$  in  their  hands  for  21  days!  you ll not e  though that  ebay  gets thier  $$ though    bet  they  arent  waiting  21  day  so    just  remebe r it  dont  matter if  you do  ship it  w/  a  conf/  and  they  leave  feedabck  and  your  money  is  released   c  cuase  the  bueyr  still  has 20+ days  afte r you  get  your  $$ to file  a  claim  wich  you  cant  win  !

Login to Me Too

BatsonElect
Contributor
Contributor

HERE IS THE KICKER>>>>   After 45 days and the buyer gets the refund, you still pay the fees to Ebay because you only have 45 days to request a refund. If it takes 46 days to give the refund because the buyer uses it for 44 days then sends it back you are beyond the period for getting the final value fee returned. They have a great scam going, Ebay and PayPAl !!

One of them gets paid either way. The seller loses every time. Also, if the buyer doesn't agree to the " cancel the transaction "  ( to get your final value fee back ) , then you don't get credit. You gave the refund but you still pay the fees.

Everyone should leave Ebay and PAyPAl and tell them why. Only then will they care. Right now people "complain " but Ebay nor PayPal are losing money from it so they don't care. I like the idea of Ebay but both companies are too large and can get away with too much because they are big. Few people or companies can handle real power and they have shown that to be true. We all need to do something.

Login to Me Too

htwhlr4u
New Community Member

I agree. I have had no problems for 3 months now, except for a hold once in a while. Now I am being told all of my transactions will be held. I don't understand why I am being penalized for doing everything right!!

Login to Me Too

bcsurvivor
Contributor
Contributor

May I ask?  Shouldn't PayPal and EBay have to protect the seller, just as they do the buyer?  It only seems to me, if you can prove (with your shipping information) that you shipped the item, paid for shipping and have a total amount of loss - they would be held responsible to give your money back to you.

I'm sorry, I'm kinda new and would love to know these things.  Also, do they always put a hold on transactions, or does it have to be over a certain amount?

Thanks, and good luck with your transaction here.

bcsurvivor

Login to Me Too

jff91462
Contributor
Contributor

bcsurvivor-

I have been using PayPal for a year now and have alaways paid My seller fees and all the other numerous fees! Never had any problems.. Than about 2 weeks ago they decided to hold My funds ?? So now everything I shipped out came out of pocket..

Dont understand this but its very annoying! Im sending them a bill for interest and use of money fee..Its not that much money but its mine and its the principle of it all.

Login to Me Too

bcsurvivor
Contributor
Contributor

I still don't understand, is it due to the number of transactions, or the dollar amount, or is it on everything?  Does EBay own PayPal?  Sounds like I don't want to sell anything here. 

Thanks for the reply.

bcsurvivor  Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

theinnovgrp
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, Ebay owns PayPal, and from what I've learned recently it could be any amount for any item. When it first happened, I was told it was for items over $100 and a feedback less than 100.  I have been a member since 2001 and have sold high ticket items, but it didn't matter. This time I sold digital cameras @ 19.95, and they held my funds. When I called to ask about it, I was told holds will be placed for any amounts for everybody. This is all to assure the buyer gets their purchase, but what about the sellers who have to pay before it ships from the warehouse? 

Login to Me Too

sharedsecrets
Contributor
Contributor

Well they just up and refunded the buyers money THREE TIMES now....because buyers have found out they can keep packages and just complain and they have it scott free. So beware!!    I have shipped brand new items and Paypal has refunded the money on 3 different occassions without making the buyer return the item. TWICE the item was a NO RETURN  .   These were very heavy items so i was out of postage of about 34.00 also.  Im not happy at all with paypal or the crooked customers./ buyers.

Login to Me Too

thecoldclown
Contributor
Contributor

well  ebay  is  doing  the  same  **bleep**!   i  had  them  ask me   afte r a  buyer  filed  a claim if  i maile d it  i said  yes  but  no  delivery  confirmatio n  so  they  isntaly  refunded  him!    so he  got his  refund   and   **bleep**  be  getting the   items      all ove r  a 80   cent post offic e delivery confirmation  !  that i didnt  ge t!!  notic ethey dont  tell  yuo that  you shoudl  always put  a conf  on  but  i just lost  a case to that  too  cause  the post office  cant  find  the  package all im told  is  the  confirmatio n may have gotten  ripped and  they  couldnt  scan it !  as  for  ebays  crap      the  items   cause they  dont  know  if  he  got  it  ! he  got his  **bleep**ing  $$  didnt  he    -- ebay  just  cost me   $580!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-  they  go  go  f/k  themselves  i wil l never  seell  again  on their  site  -  enay  / paypals  problem is  they have  so many  "power  selelrs  "  now  peopel who make  aliving  off  ebay that  they  arnt  concerned  or  a s the  smart  mouth  **bleep**  tolfd me  when i tolfd he r i d close  my  account    - just  dont  sell  anything  w e dont  care!--   ebay    is  losing  their asses  thats   why  they   w paypal  are  holding the  $$    loku p onthe  internet  and  zearch  it  youl l se e the  last  few  quarters they  have  lost $$4   so  the  basterds   wantto  steal  ours  -  heck you want  a gaming  system just  buy    1     and  as  long  as i t  dont  come  with  a  conf.  you  file ebay  refunds  and  you get to keep  the item  ! -  thisi s  complete  bull**bleep**!!! i  might  be  going to  jail  caus e for a $280 loos  i may take  a  grey  hound  and  kick  the guys  **bleep**!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.