From Now On I Am Not Going To Ship Items If Funds Are On Hold.

djpoptart92
Contributor
Contributor

Because the shipping costs are included in the funds.  If I have no access to the funds cause of the hold, then I have no access to the money the buyer pays for shipping.

Login to Me Too
610 REPLIES 610

Konfide69

I agree... I didn't realize the hold thing until after I had told winning bidders I would ship after payment. One of my items was delivered the 28th and the guy hasn't left feedback so I'm still having to wait on my money. I'm really going to rethink this PayPal situation. The other item I sold was to an international bidder and it cost $40 for shipping and I still have to wait for it to arrive and for him to leave feedback. If not I have until Nov 11th before the money is released.

It's stupid.

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You dont have to wait for the package to arrive and the buyer to leave feedback.. its either one, you don't need both.

Login to Me Too

montanayankee
Contributor
Contributor

True, but only if you have a tracking number. If sent parcel post, you won't have a tracking number, so you have to wait and hope that the buyer provides feedback.  Stupid policy.

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

True, but only if you have a tracking number. If sent parcel post, you won't have a tracking number, so you have to wait and hope that the buyer provides feedback.  Stupid policy.

What, who told you D/C or signature confirmation were not available on parcel post packages

D/C & Signature Confirmation is available on all options of USPS shipping.

But 1st class package/envelope must be at least 3/4 thick at some part of the envelope

Login to Me Too

montanayankee
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, but you have to pay for the sig confirmation, which I didn't used to do., unfortunately..

Login to Me Too

montanayankee
Contributor
Contributor

What, who told you D/C or signature confirmation were not available on parcel post packages

D/C & Signature Confirmation is available on all options of USPS shipping.

You are right. I misspoke. D/C and Sig Conf. are AVAILABLE for USPS shipping, however, you pay extra for that. In my earliest days I didn't want to spend the extra $ for those options. My bad, and a lesson learned. I imagine there are other neophytes out there who may make this same mistake, but they shouldn't be punished for it by an unfair policy, which is the point of this heated discussion.

Login to Me Too

Yes2Bargains

Yes, one can get a D/C or signature confirmation on parcel post BUT there is an additional cost and that cost is deducted from the seller's profit.  Of course, the seller can include the cost in the listed price but on many items that causes the price to be too high for most bidders. 

PayPal makes money on the funds they put on hold and I want my percentage of the money they make when they finally give my money to me!!!!  Who all thinks I will get a percent of what they make on my held funds????

I have to hope that the buyer leaves feedback; otherwise, PayPal will hold my funds for 21 days!  I'm at the mercy of the buyer and PayPal is making money off of my held funds! 

Login to Me Too

dvdnewcome
Contributor
Contributor

Well said , also if you are mailing something small (like a coin or stamp) You have to ship in a larger mailing envelope to be elegible for tracking, and that places you in a higher postal rate,  combine the higher rate and the tracking, also the price of the envelope, a $2.00 coin sale now takes a loss. The whole system is set to benifit the buyer. Oh I forgot Paypal and EBay also. They make out like the bandits that they are!!!!

Login to Me Too

StopUsingPP
New Community Member

This really **bleep**!  Like many of you I'm also having to wait until the buyer provides feedback.  Monies have been on hold for several weeks.   BYE, BYE Paypal.   I'm done with you!!!!

** STOP USING PAYPAL **

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.