From Now On I Am Not Going To Ship Items If Funds Are On Hold.

djpoptart92
Contributor
Contributor

Because the shipping costs are included in the funds.  If I have no access to the funds cause of the hold, then I have no access to the money the buyer pays for shipping.

Login to Me Too
610 REPLIES 610

victories824
Contributor
Contributor

mjblowers

I will be deleting my ebay and paypal accounts effective once these final transactions are complete.  Between max shipping cost placements on ebay auctions, the holding of funds, and dealing with some recent scammers, the risk is no longer worth the reward.  I would rather take a small cut and go through craigslist and live with the peace of mind.

Login to Me Too

Tebs225
New Community Member

I think we need to start a multimillion dollar class action law suit against paypal. With Millions of dollars being collected by paypal each day and they obtaining personal gain by way of interest on our money, they are blatently breaking the law. I will be contacting PayPal in the morning before I go down to the courthouse. If my money is not released, I will post nationally for others to join this class action law suit to recover OUR money and damages intentionally caused by the actions of payal. I am very disappointed with their service. They NEVER informed me after all these years I have done business with them that they have changed their policy. I consider their actions to be of theft and criminal. This is not the last time they will hear from me on this issue.

Login to Me Too

efersept
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone checked out the policies of other payment receiving services such as google checkout? Apparently they hold all payments for 10 days for your first 60 days ( probationary period ). After which time they will determine if you are a highrisk by checking your performance and credit! If they think you are a high risk they may decide to place a hold on some or all of your revenue for periods similar to paypal. Is there anyone who does not do this?

Login to Me Too

efersept
Contributor
Contributor

I checked several services and they all seem to have similar policies. The credit check is particulary troubling to me because I dont have the best credit in the world but I dont see how this should affect my ability to receive payment for goods delivered. If anyone has some information on a service that does not have a policy of holding payments please let me know.

Login to Me Too

cs32cj23
Contributor
Contributor

hi, IM Craig, I actually started this post a very long time ago, I still subscribe to it, write on it, and keep up. Amazing stuff going on. One guy below suggested a class action lawsuit. There is one as a matter of fact, there is a book out..All kinds of crazy stuff and horror stories. None of it is funny....well, ok some is. You know, when like a paramedic makes a joke about a dude that was chopped in half by a speeding drunk driver. Not funny, but it a kinda self medication and a buffer to the pain. So, that being said, here's my latest, this is great!

Im selling a distortion pedal, (for those of u not familiar w my story. im a cancer survivor, stage IV squamus cell carcinome in mu sinuses and neck. No insurance, wife left me while I was in chemo/radiation, band w friends of 20+ yrs fired me, couldn't wait around they said) Ok, sad story I know, but IM on the comeback trail..Selling ALL my extra stuff to keep things together, IM just now healthy enough to go back to work. And just in time for this wonderful economy! LOL. Oh ya, I was diagnosed in Jan 08, went thru 5 1/2 months treatment. ok...

so a member asked me if he won the auction, could he pay me a few days later, till he got the money together....i thought no prob, wrote a note hit send....I get this message

"ATTENTION!" EBAY HAS DETERMINED YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO CONTACT BLAH, BLAH VLAH......So I wrote ebay this letter...hahaha. And they are **bleep**!

THIS IS THE QUESTION I WAS EMAILED BY A "POTENTIAL" BUYER

Hello,

How much time do we have to pay you? I'm asking, because I'll perhaps have to put some more money on my credit card, and that may take a few days after Christmas, so I'm not sure I can bid.

Thanks,

Jérémie

So I try to respond to his question, which could very well be the deciding factor in him buying my item (which has no bids.) and I am a cancer survivor (barely) and trying desperately to make money for food, rent, christmas...ect. I click respond, write the answer...,

"Im sure a few days after the auction ended wouldn’t be a problem. Just jeep open communication while we wait for the money to get to your card. Thanks for your interest. Craig"

. . . Put in the code to insure its authentic eBay member generated communication. And I get this prompt!

Attention!

We have determined you are trying to contact an eBay member with whom you are not currently involved in an open transaction. For the protection of the eBay community, we sometimes block these types of communication. To prevent this occurrence from happening in the future, we recommend the following:

If you are a seller, respond to all bidder questions before the auction ends.

If you are trying to contact the seller of an item that has not yet ended go to the item page and click the “Ask seller a question” link.

If you are the winning buyer of an item go to your my eBay page under the items I’ve Won section. Click the action drop down menu and choose the “contact seller” action.

If you are a seller trying to contact your winning buyer, go to my eBay and under the Items I’ve Sold section, click the action drop down menu. Choose the “contact buyer” action.

Reply to seller/bidder through personal email provider (if the sender has not hidden their email address).

Thank you for your understanding. OH I **bleep**ING UNDERSTAND…DO YOU?

WHAT! Just when I thought I had seen eBay and Papal hit the pinnacle of their keystone cops act. A New nadirs, a new low of absolute contradicting BS.

First of all, 'we have determined that you are trying to contact and eBay...blah blah blah

YOU determined? "You sent me the effing message!

Secondly "I am trying to contact!!!!!!

The message was sent to me, you and you program, along with this members desire to talk to me initiated the conversation! Why do you start this dialog in red and then with ATTENTION!

Like you caught me doing something wrong!

And I just love this part...loll

You advise..."To prevent this occurrence from happening in the future, we recommend the following:

1) If you are a seller, respond to all bidder questions before the auction ends.

LMFAO...isn’t that exactly what was being done?

I could go line by line and pick this apart. But I tell you, you are literally **bleep**ing with my faith in humanity and good will. With 21 day holds of funds, blocking dialog between members that can help make a sale. IImplying that I am up to, or could be, some kind of insider trading equivalent by having a conversation. You are making it so hard on the seller, fees that just get bigger, holding our money, freezing accounts and suspending memberships over nothing. But one thing is being accomplished; the two fat cash cows get bigger and bigger, devouring our nickels at a time. And there is no way to stop your madness. I have NO other options, you make me sick, you make me laugh, you **bleep** me off....but in the end, you make me money...So I guess my hypocrisy knows no bounds either my cash eating chupacabras. So my point? your administration is a joke, you policies work against one another, you red tape could swallow up your own motives if given the chance. I will continue to find a better way to help others and live a nice life with out using the backs of those that support me as stepping stones on my way. You will all go to **bleep**.

ebay responded

I understand that you are frustrated and I would have been more than
happy to help you but due to your use of profanity and unprofessional
communication, I will be sending this over to our Trust and Safety
Department for further review.

Sincerely,
Shannon

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA, she went and told dad on me.

I would have helped you, but you are too upset ny the way you are treated and have an IQ higher than a as;samander and noticed our conflicting policiy. lol anyway. hang in there everyone,

I have started  IBid and got a Google checkout, We will se how that goes. Come check me out, buy a little cheap item from me, I can use the help. My IBid store will be running soon.

ebay id: chckn714

ibid id: useD2Ewes   ////c'mon, you know its clever!

Login to Me Too

really
Contributor
Contributor

GOOD...goodluck

Login to Me Too

mivalverde
Contributor
Contributor

Listen up folks... This past Sunday, I refunded a customer their money for placing the payment 'On Hold'.  I emailed and explained to him that I could not afford to ship the item without access to the funds to do so.

I'm informing all possible customers ahead of time (during the bidding process) that I cannot accept 'On-Hold' payments from anyone. If they don't like my payment prerequisites - they have the choice not to buy from me. If the customer wants the product being purchased at a (great price or rare availability) then they can retract the 'On-Hold' status and resubmit the payment for instant access.

I'm finding that customers are willing to work with you - unlike eBay and PayPal.

I would encourage all to disclose their intolerance of this ridiculous business practice to your customers - post your peace anywhere the customer is more likely to see it.

Furthermore, explain to your customers that 'We/You' are small sellers unlike eBay, PayPal & Power Seller we cannot afford to wait to obtain fund three weeks out to be paid because we are still liable to pay for transaction fees (plus, plus percentages) from eBay for selling the item to them in the first place.  

Good Luck & Happy Holidays to All!

Login to Me Too

BatsonElect
Contributor
Contributor

I have to respond to some of these comments about Power Sellers. I am a power Seller. I only sell 10-15 items per month. I sell $500 computers so that is why I get that label. I cannot afford to have PAyPal or ebay make me give refunds. I don't have the hold problem ( yet, knock on wood ) as my feedback is 99.5% and 526, and I have been on Ebay since 2007. I have a problem with the way Ebay handles disputes. I have had buyers return item that they broke or that were perfectly fine, and I was forced by Paypal to refund. That costs me money I can't afford. Ebay calls it a cost of business. Having a buyer who damages the item and then gets a refund is stealing. And worse, PayPal helps them. As sellers, we have no recourse. PAyPAl is not a bank, therefor they are there to be the go-between for the money. They get away with holding the cash because we agreed to the rules and they make the rules. I also think they should be sued. Until they change I have stopped selling. I cannot afford to get ripped of any more. Most sellers and buyers are good but the bad ones ruin it for everyone. Ebay's new no neg. feedback policy for buyers has made it worse because now sellers have no way to warn other sellers about these con artist buyers. To those that think all Power Sellers make tons of money, please understand that no all do. After my Heart attack this is my only source of income but I can't do it anymore because of the stress of it and the money I loose. My 2 cents.  Chris

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.