Error Code #10417 Your request could not be processed at this time?

lonta
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Visa debit card that I used to purchase an item 3 days ago with no problem, but there was just a small amount of money left on it, so I got another Visa debit card and added it on to my paypal account. Next, I purchased 2 more items on ebay and then I used the new Visa card to try to pay for my items because there wasnt enough money left on my old Visa card to make the purchase. Once I got to the confirm payment screen, it shows my address and general profile, but when I press the confirm payment button it says,

"You cannot use this credit card for this transaction. Please use another funding source. You will need to add and confirm your bank account. Once your bank account has been added and confirmed, you can continue this payment. Add your bank account information below."

Then I tried to purchase one item at a time and it said
"We were not able to process your payment. There has been a restriction placed on this account" I tried everything to resolve this problem with no luck at all. If anyone's experienced this problem, and has any suggestions or solutions, please reply. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1,240 REPLIES 1,240

ilya-ulianov
New Community Member

Hi all.

I have the same problem too.

Please be in a hurry to fix it.

Login to Me Too

JoaoLima
New Community Member

Hi,

I have the same problem too.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Hey Everybody!

I would direct everyone posting now to my response on 2/10 regarding the probable reason for this issue.  I understand it's frustrating when you can't make your payment; I get that.  We are still researching the issue, but the pattern that is arising is that it's our security model stopping it. 

speedhor has a really good response to this above. That is a situation where our security model would stop a payment; if addresses don't match, it looks at it and wants to ask some questions about what's happening. Unfortunately it asks those questions by stopping the payment 😞

So again, if you're getting this issue, give us a call so we can look over your account. There are some things we can troubleshoot to maybe get the payment to go through (disclaimer: these do NOT always work). But just like if you're at a merchant's physical store and the card reader declines your card, there are times you will need to find a different funding method.

Andy

Login to Me Too

ncloud01
New Community Member

I was having this same problem and was becoming quite frustrated.  I ended up calling Paypal Customer Service and they said my account was fine and that my card was being rejected.   I called my credit card company and asked them what was going on and I was told they must enable international payment on my account (which I don't understand, the ebay seller I bought from lives in California, and I live in Indiana) after they did that, my payment went through first try.  Hope this helps somone. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

ncloud01--

Thanks for stopping in to share your solution!  Hopefully that helps others!  Smiley Happy

Thanks again!

Lilly

Login to Me Too

AmericanEngines
Contributor
Contributor

I am a seller and use paypal to proccess my transactions. My buyer has experienced this problem. He has used paypal before and not had this problem.  why is this happening?

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Andy

Hey Everybody!

We have news. Our engineers have investigated, and determined that this error is actually not a bug. In almost every case, our security model is halting the payments. They are going to work on the wording of the message to try and clear up the confusion (too late, I know :)), but if you get this "error" message, the best solution would be just to call us so we can review your account, see what's hanging up, and see if there's any workarounds.

Andy

Login to Me Too

isabele1592011
New Community Member

Hi. I'm having this problem, for 4 days now I've tried to pay and I don't know what is going on, but it doesn't work. Please hhhhhhhhhheeeeeelllllllllllllllllppppppppppppppppp.

Login to Me Too

gh10417
New Community Member

Hello,

Lately I also got the "famous" 10417, but I have to admit that upon checking with my bank (Dexia) I found out that notwithstanding the fact that my MC card was valid till dec 2012 they offered me some 3 months ago a complete new one, and as I haven't picked it up they deleted my old card from my account, and so I got that 10417 code ...

Registering my new card with PayPal should help me out

Regards

Login to Me Too

guerreroazteka5
Contributor
Contributor

hi i'm having the same problem and i need help because if i don't pay an item that i won on ebay by sept 22 my account might get suspended pls help me with this problem. i tried to make the payment over 15 times and the same error comes out pls help me. someone told me to ask andy for help that he can help me pls andy help me with problem i dont want my account to be suspended i'll be waiting for a response.

tomasa zapata

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.