Error Code #10417 Your request could not be processed at this time?

lonta
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Visa debit card that I used to purchase an item 3 days ago with no problem, but there was just a small amount of money left on it, so I got another Visa debit card and added it on to my paypal account. Next, I purchased 2 more items on ebay and then I used the new Visa card to try to pay for my items because there wasnt enough money left on my old Visa card to make the purchase. Once I got to the confirm payment screen, it shows my address and general profile, but when I press the confirm payment button it says,

"You cannot use this credit card for this transaction. Please use another funding source. You will need to add and confirm your bank account. Once your bank account has been added and confirmed, you can continue this payment. Add your bank account information below."

Then I tried to purchase one item at a time and it said
"We were not able to process your payment. There has been a restriction placed on this account" I tried everything to resolve this problem with no luck at all. If anyone's experienced this problem, and has any suggestions or solutions, please reply. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1,240 REPLIES 1,240

adamosu1
Contributor
Contributor

it resolved itself later when you added funds to your paypal later didnt it? thats why. you didnt have any money in your paypal!

Login to Me Too

nanonano58

take a look at this threat

Error Code 10417 Your request could not be processed at this time: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/eBay-and-PayPal/Error-Code-10417-Your-request-could-not-be-proce...

i have the same problem :(, i can't pay anything :@

Login to Me Too

Buellized
Contributor
Contributor

Same here! Error code 10417. I've never had any trouble with my cards or my Paypal account until now.

I've tried both my cards, VISA and Mastercard.

Hope somebody will be able to fix this soon...!

Login to Me Too

semidansk
Contributor
Contributor

I can't pay either. Never had any problem before.

Errorcode 10417

From https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/ebook/PP_APIReference/Appx-ErrorCodes_and_Messages.html     

"It is possible that the payment method the customer chooses on PayPal might not succeed when you send DoExpressCheckoutPayment. The most likely cause is that the customer’s credit card failed bank authorization. Another possible, though rare, cause is that the final OrderTotal is significantly higher than the original estimated OrderTotal you sent with SetExpressCheckout at Integration Point 1, and the final OrderTotal does not pass PayPal’s risk model analysis.
If the customer has no other PayPal funding source that is likely to succeed, DoExpressCheckoutPayment response returns error code 10417.

Instruct the customer that PayPal is unable to process the payment and redisplay alternative payment methods with which the customer can pay."

Login to Me Too

eskillroy

I made a paypal acoount just because the only option for me was to use an overseas credit card, which was what Paypal promised. Now I cannot make the transaction. My retailer tells me I should ask Paypal. Paypal gives a crappy error message saying " Make payment with some other option". I had ANOTHER option I would not have turned to Paypal in the first place.

IT says Error 10417...is there a resolution for this. I have verified my Credit Card through paypal(waited 7 days for that) and I have also told the bank to authorize the online transactions with Paypal, which was also done. So now what? Atleast be clear with what the problem is so that I can do what is necessary.

Login to Me Too

semidansk
Contributor
Contributor

This thread was started Feb-02-2011. The problem has'nt been fixed. Paypal and Ebay along with FragranceX are the worst companies I ever had to deal with. Paypal won't let me pay, Ebay don't pay me back and FragranceX don't ship my orders. It's funny all three companies are American.

Edit: Ebay apparently owns Paypal...would make sense if they own FragranceX as well

Login to Me Too

semidansk
Contributor
Contributor

The seller canceled my order today. I did'nt get my goods and he lost some business.

Login to Me Too

omarmallah

SAME PROBLEM! PLZ FIX IT ASAP!! 

Login to Me Too

don0377
New Community Member

I have paid ebay item, but the seller had already another email in PayPal which it has not adhered to Ebay. As a result I have cancelled transaction and money have returned to me back. But now when I try to pay, I have an error 10417. That to me to do, as to me to pay to the seller

Login to Me Too

speedhor
Contributor
Contributor

It seems to be some kind of security feature that is doing this.  I had to go in and correct all my address to match, between both paypal and ebay.  Once I updated my address, and they matched, my payment went through without a hitch. 

Hope this helps

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.