HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

mcc
Contributor
Contributor

paypal what a joke holding sellers money for 21 days this will be my last time on here and i bet alot of sellers will be quitting paypal and ebay...

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Unfortunately this is an eBay/PayPal Policy.    If this something you don't care for, as some don't, then one must move on.   The purpose of the forum is is help out where possible.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

SistaJewels
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Skier,

Is eBay/Paypal trying to accommodate large business and squeeze out small business ? If not, then, what is the purpose of making all of the rules to accommodate large business. With higher sales volume, sellers are not affected the same as small Mom & Pop businesses, that make up the American Dream and also makes up, those who first built eBay and Paypal in the early years, to become what they are today. I sold in the late 90's to the point of the actualization the American Dream before the inception of Paypal, due to the old rules that helped the Mom and Pop business, rather than hurt them. IMO, The rules should be different for small business, than it is for large business. Is there a possibility of the rules helping small business ever again or should small business just hang it up and go on, as you suggested ?

Thank you for your time and reply, in advance.

Login to Me Too

yourballpark
New Community Member

You have no doubt heard of OBAMA.  This is the way liberals operate.  All businesses are taking advantage of HIS morals and ideals of giving other people's money away while they can.  Get him GONE and get conservative Presidential, Legislative and Judicial Branches of government and things will always be better for the regular person that works hard for their money.  The problem is that very very few people even know what the Constitution says or better yet MEANS.  Therefore, we sometimes let liberals take us for a ride.  Our advantage isi to learn, and make our kids learn about how our government should work and how IT SHOULD STAY OUT OF PEOPLE'S BUSINESSES!!!!!!!!!!    If our kids do not learn it soon, our way of life will be gone.  Our DEMOCRACY - OUR CONSITUTION - IS THE ONLY FORM OF GOVERNMENT THAT ACTUALLY WORKS - THE ONLY ONE IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!   I wish parents would just understand that if the kids do not learn the constitution (which they will NOT in school) then we are doomed.

Login to Me Too

That might be true if there were no fees. Creating a fee/payment structure obligates PayPal to perform at a certain level of service. Or; our State Consumer Protection Agencies will ban your misguided policies in their States.

You really want to go there?

Login to Me Too

Raveninred
Contributor
Contributor

@northstatefarms wrote:

That might be true if there were no fees. Creating a fee/payment structure obligates PayPal to perform at a certain level of service. Or; our State Consumer Protection Agencies will ban your misguided policies in their States.

You really want to go there?

This is an interesting statement: "Or, our State Consumer Protection Agencies will ban your misguided policies in thier States".

Just a few quick thoughts. The policies are not those of the poster, they are those of the company called PayPal. The fee/payment structure to which PayPal is obligated to is clearly laid out in the Terms and Conditions which you agreed to, so you have no case when threatening to go to your State Consumer Protection Agencies. If you agreed to the Terms and conditions, you are bound by them. If you don't want to be bound by them, by all means, don't do business with PayPal, but no one is going to rescue you from a situation you signed off on. Terms and Conditions are updated all the time. There is a page when you sign into your account that is called Legal Agreements - lays out every term and agreement and every update to every policy since 2007. If you kept using the company, and either clicked though an update screen without reading thoroughly or didn't familiarize yourself with all the practices, no Consumer Protection Agency is going to feel badly for you.

There was another update on June 12th. You should catch up on your reading. And know that the T&C for PayPal are NOT the same ans those for eBay.

Good luck,

Raven

Login to Me Too

craftyfaith54
Contributor
Contributor

It seems we all understand that we signed the terms and conditions and thats fine ,but it seems the ones who do not mind the hold are the ones that are big business and it does not hurt them. I cannot ship without funds and what PayPal said about using funds for shipping is untrue they charge your bank account . I am not the only one this happened to. PayPal gave false information. Are they not liable for false statements? The buyers and sellers are liable for false information, why not PayPal?

Login to Me Too

thgrace78
Contributor
Contributor

@craftyfaith54 wrote:

It seems we all understand that we signed the terms and conditions and thats fine ,but it seems the ones who do not mind the hold are the ones that are big business and it does not hurt them. I cannot ship without funds and what PayPal said about using funds for shipping is untrue they charge your bank account . I am not the only one this happened to. PayPal gave false information. Are they not liable for false statements? The buyers and sellers are liable for false information, why not PayPal?

After 4 months of jumping through the "funds hold" loops AND having those pending funds cover the shipping - SOMETHING changed and now I am stuck with 150$ in bank fees because I trusted PP to do what they said about releasing funds for shipping if I printed labels from ebay or them... Happened fine before - Not this time. 

CSR tells me that the label must be paid for - RIGHT THEN-IMMEDIATELY!  and although they invoice and charge my fees once a month - waiting 15 min. just cannot happen.  I am filing complaints with EVERYONE who will listen.  I have been on ebay, pp and fb forums today.  I am even letting my buyers know.  I will be closing both my ebay and PP - Of course I have to wait for my money first. 

There are ALOT of people who are in the same boat.  It's sickening. 

Login to Me Too

steffanyh

im going through the same stuff this person is going through and when your struggling and your only source of income happens to be ebay and paypal then i dont care what the rules are i have 57 feedbacks and 100%positive and ive sold 30 and bought about 40-60 items to resale and for gifts like mothers day etc.. but point is they dont tell you these things which why i chose no longer to use there services after i get my money i will continue to apply for jobs get some loans to pay my bills and wait 21 days to get my money released but i sware these 21 days i will tell everyone to never use paypal or ebay because i have been **bleep**ed i understand ebays fees but paypal fees to? when ebay and paypal are connected that is what i call a double dip they barly give us any choice to use a different payment way.. so i will  not deal with this and i advise everyone who has to just stop paying people to **bleep** you over .. pay pal should be called payhoe because i sware paypal is no better then a pimp ..  beat you while your down, you get your money but extra fees , and oh wait you not getting it now hoe you need to wait 21 days its like we are there loan service or something.. im not going to make them rich anymore.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.