Who was declined?

Briannacd
Contributor
Contributor

How come when a transaction is declined because not enough funds, how come I can't see who the decline was for?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Briannacd,

Welcome back to the Community Forum and thank you for your post!

Sorry to hear about the payment decline in your account. I recommend you to login to your account using desktop or laptop and review the details of the transaction in the activity page of your PayPal account by clicking on the particular transaction. You can try to complete the payment by choosing a different payment method.

Good luck,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Briannacd
Contributor
Contributor

Your not getting it. I get a text message saying that a payment was declined. I click on the link in the text message and it opens up the Paypal App. If the subject is about a "payment being Declined" should that link take me directly to the issue at hand? I also get a email saying the same thing. Why don't the email tell me who the payment is for, who's trying to get payment, when I open the email? If Paypal only wants this information being told inside the app or on the Paypal website, it should be the 1st thing I see after I login. THE 1ST THING. Why? Because it is the main reason I'm on the app or the website. Maybe I don't want to pay who's ever trying to get my money. Maybe it's someone who isn't suppose to be even getting a payment and hacked my information. I think I would know instantly if I didn't recognize the name, right? WHO WAS DECLINED? I shouldn't have to look in 47.8 different places inside the app or 23.6 different clicks of the mouse to find out who tried to get money from me. It's a waste of my time when it's easy enough for Paypal to do the right thing and make it easier for me & i'm sure many others to find out this info and MOVE on with my day. "It's called CUSTOMER SERVICE". Companies like this should be making CUSTOMER SERVICE TOP PRIORITY!!! Not LAST ON THE LIST. All this dancing around this Paypal's App & Website frustrates people so much that many just give up and forget to try again and the matter never gets fixed. Chatting with someone from Paypal's foreign Service Reps who can't even understand the question wastes time as well. 

This needs to be addressed and fixed. Who is being declined because I don't have enough money in my account? WHO? 

Please give this to someone who can get this problem looked at and not someone who will toss this message in the virtual trash and forget I even complained about this.

"DO THE RIGHT THING PAYPAL!"

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Briannacd

Thanks for your reply, and thank you for clarifying your concern. PayPal does not show any payment attempts on your account to make it easier to view and manage your completed and in-progress payment activity. However, our Customer Support teams can view any payment attempts on your account if needed. I understand you would prefer PayPal presents you with that information on your end. I'm sorry for any inconvenience that may present. 

If you are concerned there may be potential unauthorized activity on your account, you're welcome to report it through our Resolution Center with the instructions listed here: How do I report unauthorized activity? 

Thank you for your time and feedback. If there's any other issues our support can assist with, please don't hesitate to reach out through the channel you prefer: How do I reach PayPal Customer Service?

Best wishes on your future transactions with PayPal!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

ChristinaSD
New Community Member
This has been my biggest problem too. PayPal is becoming more of a hassle than a help at this point. I shouldn't have to call PayPal to find out what transaction was declined. How many people have to complain before things go back to the way they used to be? PayPal was fine before they made it so you have to keep a balance.
Login to Me Too

gullum
New Community Member

I would also really like to know when a transaction is declined who it was for.

Anyone that would blindly add more money to "try again", is foolish and Pay Pal needs to fix it.

I use the pay pal debit card sparingly and purposely keep the balance low so I don't get scammed.

It's a major issue I also have with Pay Pal as it currently is.

Login to Me Too

mallorysd
Contributor
Contributor

This is one of the most frustrating things for me as well, and I then decided to see about my subscriptions because there are quite a few. Where did they move subscriptions? I can't find them. I feel like PayPal does so much UI/UX modifications they do so without informing their customers and without research about the best user experience in general. This needs and requires improvement.

Login to Me Too

sunshine14616
Contributor
Contributor

Allow me to be the first to say I'll be closing my account with PayPal. I'm done with the frustration. Consider it a New Year's Resolution! 

Login to Me Too

Jerecottomy
New Community Member
This has been one of the key issues why I’ve migrated most of my PayPal activity elsewhere. This, and how acces to the funds in the PayPal balance are kind of difficult to access compared to the old days. (However this is specific to the way I utilize PayPal). But I’m with you. I’ll still use it from time to time but I’m done with them overall. They’ve become bargain basement banking for thrift store shopping
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.