How do we make a Paypal gift account?

HenrikSLarsen
Contributor
Contributor

My friend's niece is going to the US next year (we live in Scandinavia), and friends and family want to give her some spending money, but we fear har losing a visa card with lots of cash on it, so I suggested using Paypal. She uses online payments and in-store pickup for anything, anyway. The problem is that I am the only Paypal user in the group, so to make a "Paypal giftcard account", so to speak, I need to know how to:

1: Make an account and have multiple people add money to it from multiple accounts, directly. I.e. how do I connect all their bank accounts to one Paypal account temporarily and let them transfer money to her?

2: How do I transfer any money left over at the end of the trip to her bank account instead of to mine or any of the others?

Sorry if these are very basic questions, I never tried handling Paypal for other people before.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @HenrikSLarsen 

Thank you for posting your question in the PayPal Help Community!

I appreciate you expressing your interest in PayPal to send payment! PayPal is a service that enables you to pay or get paid and send or receive money worldwide. Currently, PayPal doesn't offer gift card accounts. Account holder can only link a bank account or card which is registered under their name. They cannot link a financial which is not under their name. Once you send money to the account holder, they can see the funds in their PayPal balance and they will be able to withdraw it to their bank account/card. You can refer these articles to know more about sending and receiving money through PayPal.

I hope this information helps you,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

HenrikSLarsen
Contributor
Contributor
I thought people could have joint accounts??
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @HenrikSLarsen

Thank you for your question. I'm sorry for any confusion! Each account should be in the ownership of one person, who is capable of confirming their singular identity.

I hope this is helpful!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.