Unauthorized Transaction with my.com b.v.

ryoujies
Contributor
Contributor

What happened to buyer protection, or whatever protection Paypal seems to boast about? The coverage is close to none!

I woke up this morning getting a text from Paypal regarding a login code. Mind you I was sleeping, so why would I be getting asked to verify a log in an hour prior to me waking up? I immediately started freaking out and logging into my account in hopes they weren’t able to go through but of course, to my surprise, there’s a charge of $75 USD out of my account from some website I never even heard of my entire life! The merchant is my.com B.V. I immediately went ahead to file a dispute and reported the transaction as unauthorized. Paypal said it would take 10 days to review the case but as per usual, they got back to me within an hour or so closing the case and saying that I authorized a transaction for a site I don’t even know existed, greatIt’s almost as if the fraud or dispute department never looks into cased AT ALL. This is the second time I’ve gotten hacked and Paypal telling me it’s my fault and I just gotta accept it.

I’ve been trying to escalate it to a claim but there’s no option for me to in the resolution centre. I’ll hopefully call Paypal sometime this week, since I’m busy. I know $75 USD (approx. $100 CAD) doesn’t sound a lot to some, but as a student it’s a ridiculous amount. I’m losing hope since some people on here have brought up the same issue and Paypal did the same thing by closing down their cases, with the SAME merchant.

I’ve contacted my bank regarding this matter and opened up a dispute. Paypal doesn’t seem to care about its users and I feel so unsafe using this platform now. Looking to permanently shut my account down once I get to the bottom of this 😕 I’d appreciate any insight or advice from anyone who’s experienced the same issue, as this is just flat out ridiculous. It makes so sense that Paypal reimburses people who take advantage of buyer protection, buyers who scam businesses, yet serious issues like this seem to get overlooked…

Login to Me Too
160 REPLIES 160

paspinall

xact same problem with me, and whats even more ridiculous is, apart from them declaring it authorised, when by definition it isnt as I didnt authorise it... but the "seller" we are paying... doesnt even have any valid contact method, and paypal think thats fine too !!

Login to Me Too

RWH_
Contributor
Contributor

So I fell victim to this as well. While I was at work today doing my job I was notified by text from *Paypal Fraud Alert* of a charge of $61.00 USD and to press 1 to confirm or 2 decline. Of course I hit 2 because I sure didn't authorize any transaction. They replied back stating they declined the transaction and for my safety limited access to my account and to log in and change my password which I did. Checked my bank account and noticed a charge of $65.81 is pending to my.com thru paypal. Logged into Paypal to see the transaction and it's actually to a company based in the Netherlands called MY.GAMES B.V who makes some mobile games and whatnot. I've never even heard of any of the games listed let alone have had any interaction with said company. I'm thinking someone who does play one of their games ( hacked ) our accounts to make in-game purchases. Decided to also make a case regarding the matter and was updated like 30mins that Paypal determined the activates in question on my account are unauthorized. I did call my bank but sadly was given another number to call first thing Monday because i guess their office's are closed. Isn't that funny? Paypal will e-mail and text you about unusual / suspicious activate on your account yet allow the transaction to go thru, Then you have to wait around for it to get resolved..... 

Update: I just checked the Resolution Center and noticed the case has been "Closed in my favor" Let's hope I see that pending transaction removed and my money returned. I also noticed that MY.GAMES B.V had me down for a auto-renewal so I made sure to unlink my PayPal to them so hopefully I am not charged again. 

Login to Me Too

RWH_
Contributor
Contributor
Update: 12/19/2023 So I logged into my bank account and checked only to see that paypal actually allowed the transaction to go thru even though they said they declined the transaction, agreed it was a unauthorized transaction in the case I opened before they closed it……… So i opened up another case regarding the issue and am waiting for their reply. I might have to call my bank to dispute this charge because it’s starting to get a bit ridiculous. I’ll let you know what happens
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @RWH_ 

Thank you for writing in the PayPal Help Community!

I understand your concern about the unauthorized charge in your PayPal account. Once the payment is initiated from your account, it will not be stopped. However, if the case is decided in your favor, the money will be returned to you, and you will be able to see the reversal in few days in your bank account. You can always check the status and updates of your claim in the resolution center of your PayPal account. For more direct assistance on this claim, please reach out to the support team to help you further.

Good luck,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

RWH_
Contributor
Contributor
Yes according to the resolution center my case is still being reviewed and the estimated case resolution should be today so I’m awaiting the verdict ( again ). This is going on 2 weeks almost and i know it’s the holidays and whatnot but when money is taken from you without consent you would be a bit aggravated as well. If it’s not resolved today i’ll just contact my bank and explain the situation. Something I probably should of just did from the start but thought Paypal addressed and was taking care of the situation but alas here we are
Login to Me Too

RWH_
Contributor
Contributor

Update: 1/5/2024

So after weeks of waiting, Paypal finally e-mailed me back regarding the 2nd case AND "determined it wasn’t a unauthorized purchase and that I set up the billing agreement with the merchant / company judging by their “documentation” Swear this is just getting annoying at this point ( I'm trying to be nice and not curse up a storm ). It has been days now since I e-mailed [removed] asking for this "documentation" they used to determine that I made this purchase and still nothing. I tried Messaging them on Facebook after I flagged their attention in a comment I made on their FB page, only to get nothing but silence from them. This is beyond ridiculous at this point. Quick run down.

DEC 16TH 2023, At work and i get a text from Paypal Fraud Alert of a charge of $61 USD and to accept or decline, I decline.

I check my e-mail and saw they e-mailed me of Unusual Activity and a Transaction made to My.Games.BV for €57.42 EUR.

I logged into paypal and changed my password and noticed they put on autopay to My.Games.BV so I turned it off.

I opened a case with Paypal regarding this transaction since I noticed the charge was still pending and I did not make / authorize it let alone know who this merchant / company is, BESIDES THE FACT IT WAS MADE IN EUROS, NOT USD AND HAD TO BE CONVERTED TO USD. They closed the case in my favor determining it was a unauthorized transaction. Decided not to contact my bank *Which I knew I should of did immediately* but thought Paypal was on top of it and everything would be taken care of. NOPE! Charge Proceed and I made the 2nd case regarding it on DEC 19TH 2023 and waited until 1/2/24 with their response. E-mailed [removed] on 1/2/24 and have yet to receive said documentation. 

413011585_7345683822129680_1199539175259955309_n.jpg

Not sure why it's unable to save the image of the picture I took of the Text I got from Fraud Alert and me declining the transaction.

Be careful everyone. I am going to open a 3rd case regarding this now. 

Login to Me Too

TauAs
Contributor
Contributor

As far as I understand, this is https://boosty.to/ page, I have removed automatic payments from it as was advised by other users. I got money from them, but I'm not impressed by their use of automatic payment system. Or to say in other words I'm impressed - they almost not ask for paypal confirmation for donations to other users.

Login to Me Too

Sergic25

This happened to me just recently, it's been 2 years since this issue was mentioned to PayPal yet the same scammer still sets up recurring scam bill payments on my account. Pathetic security for a finacial/payment service. What a scummy company, I'm buying put options and/or shorts on PayPal. I hope the stock takes a nose dive, maybe that way I can earn my stolen money back since of course PayPal won't reimburse me, refund me, or do anything to stop the scam from happening to someone else.

Login to Me Too

RWH_
Contributor
Contributor
Well I forgot to update regarding my post but after 38 days of going back and forth with Support, waiting for updates, etc they finally “determined that the payment in question was unauthorized and refunded the full amount” which they did. This message was like 8hrs after telling me again that “The payment in question was sent as part of a billing agreement you previously set up with the merchant. As a result, we’re unable to consider this to be an unauthorized payment” It’s just kind of saddening it took multiple claims, talking to live support, etc to finally get this issue resolved. I have used paypal for years as a payment method spending thousands over that time frame and they are going to question my first complaint / issue? Let alone for $65? I wasn’t even sure who to try to talk to since i never heard of this company / merchant until this happened but i even tried contacting a Anastasia Shesterikova who is supposedly Head of Corporate PR of My.Games regarding the matter and to this day I have yet to receive a response back. I’m thankful the matter is finally resolved but man this really gave me a unnecessary headache. Hopefully you guys keep fighting because that’s just messed up that if someone actually manages to get into you’re account and makes a purchase you have to go thru hoops to get it resolved “if” you actually do get it resolved.
Login to Me Too

jaliquerenjie
hello can u help me refund the money?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.