Seller sends package to wrong address

NIKKI4466
Contributor
Contributor

I bought an item on ebay and started messaging the seller he never responded and had zero feedback so I figured it was a scam and I would get my money back after the estimated delivery date. I tried once again to contact seller before filing dispute no answer from him. So after I file he sends tracking info and it said it was already delivered but I never received anything. So I call usps and they tell me that the tracking number for the package was marked with another address not mine but same city and zip. So the seller sent the package to the wrong address and now I'm out of money and the package. And yes my address has always been the same on my eBay and paypal account it has never changed. Shouldn't I get my money back from the seller?

Login to Me Too
57 REPLIES 57

OlisaUzu
Contributor
Contributor

Yep the same just happened to me, website is gone. All paypal has to do is literally just go to Fedex, enter the tracking number, say package not delivered, then they'll ask what's the address, when Paypal enters my address they'll be prompted with a message saying wrong address. Boom, case closed. Valid proof of delivery isn't just checking to see if the product was delivered, its checking to see if the product was actually sent to the customer. Otherwise I could sell a PS5 for $900 which is cheaper than other resellers but still believable, then pay the shipping fees to send it to whatever state and put in a fake package worth nothing, then provide proof it was delivered, pay for return shipping, and make $800+ profit while only having to pay shipping costs. It'sa stupid system to run by and I paid way too much money to let it slide I will honestly take it to court if I don't get my money back and after this, I'm done with Paypal.

Login to Me Too

WBohn
New Community Member

This is my problem with my recent dispute and claim with PAYPAL.    When I order using PAYPAL the vendors should use MY delivery address on file with paypal.   The vendor made an error.   The USPS tracking number given to me during the dispute did not have my address, just the city.  I went to post office.  They say the package was delivered to a different address   (NOT my address).  Yet the USPS could not share with me the address it went to.  They said I had to contact the shipper.    There is no way for me to contact the shipper that received my money !!  No phone number.  They don't answer emails.

This is such a scam.  I think I am done with using PAYPAL

Login to Me Too

Friendly1
Contributor
Contributor
I had a something happen just like this. Any advice as PayPal says it delivered and no refund.
Login to Me Too

ron1
Contributor
Contributor

Continue to try to fight it via paypal. They declined a refund for me at first but after review they did refund. If that fails contact your credit card bank for a chargeback. If you try to do a charge back first paypal will decline automatically so just try again with paypal.

Login to Me Too

Racheleve75
Same thing happened to me. Bought something on ebay and never received it. Tracking was for different address. Never got my money back either. This was about a year ago
Login to Me Too

phenders2
Contributor
Contributor

I think this is an intentional scam.

USPS tracking only says item was delivered to my town, without an explicit address.

They did give me the address of the person it was delivered to, and I contacted them.

The person received a cheap item they had not purchased.  PayPal denied my claim because

seller provided USPS tracking showing item was delivered - cheap item to wrong address.

Item I purchased was only $25, so no big deal, but concerned for others being scammed the

same way.  

I plan on making a formal request to USPS asking that the actual delivery address by included

on the tracking info.  Then a scammer can't use this scheme.

Login to Me Too

ron1
Contributor
Contributor

I know for a fact it was an intentional scam in my case. It is possible that a seller can send to the wrong address by accident but in that case the seller should be responsible if there is no other recourse. I knew in my case it was a scam because the same item I purchased was still listed and it is a very unique used item. I learned that if a deal seems to good to be true on a sketchy website, don't do it.

USPS needs a better way. I should not have been informed my item was delivered when it was not even sent to my address.

Login to Me Too

Annibel
Contributor
Contributor
How to add more information. The help gives wrong information to do it.
Login to Me Too

PunkRocketeer
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal got documentation from the seller that it was delivered; however, they did NOT perform due diligence that it was the correct address!  The items was sent to the correct city name in the WRONG State.  PayPal stated it was delivered and ruled in favor of the Seller.  The bizarre thing is the tracking information showed it traveling within 30 miles of my house, before the ground shipper re-routed it to the wrong state, probably by data entry error.  PayPal states that I have no recourse and my case is closed.  I have now lost all confidence in PayPal.  What can I do?

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

just file chargeback with your credit card issuer

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.