Seller sends package to wrong address

NIKKI4466
Contributor
Contributor

I bought an item on ebay and started messaging the seller he never responded and had zero feedback so I figured it was a scam and I would get my money back after the estimated delivery date. I tried once again to contact seller before filing dispute no answer from him. So after I file he sends tracking info and it said it was already delivered but I never received anything. So I call usps and they tell me that the tracking number for the package was marked with another address not mine but same city and zip. So the seller sent the package to the wrong address and now I'm out of money and the package. And yes my address has always been the same on my eBay and paypal account it has never changed. Shouldn't I get my money back from the seller?

Login to Me Too
57 REPLIES 57

NIKKI4466
Contributor
Contributor
I will try to get proof from usps. But if that fails how do I chargeback?
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Just take out your credit card statement ,found the transaction and follow your cc issuer instruction to find cahrgeback,-item not received and tell them the seller fooled you by shipping to a different address,and you never receive the item.

what does online tracking shows?

does it show the wrong address?

do you know the weight on the label?does it match the weight of the item you bought?

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The tracking should be provided in the resolution case and the Ebay order detail,take that number and click on it,it will take you to USPS.com and show you status of the delivery.

is seller still registered with Ebay?

what does Ebay have to say?

you should have filed with Ebay first,then Paypal ,then cc issuer.

Login to Me Too

NIKKI4466
Contributor
Contributor
I sent all the info I had at the time for my appeal. And no the weight of the package does not what I ordered I orderded a ps4 and the package says parcel lightweight. One thing I haven't done yet is get prooof from the post office stating that the seller indeed sent to wrong address. I will go up there Monday and email that proof along with all the other info. Hopefully this turns arounds. I'm fustrated. And if that's fails my last resort is a chargeback.
Login to Me Too

Roham
Contributor
Contributor

I'm exactly in the same situation. However, I won a bid for an Ipad and the rest is exactly like yours. Do you know how we can appeal to the decision? Should we call eBay or all is done online. I have an email from USPS stating the package was sent to a different address.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

find the listing on Ebay and click dispute or resolution,

Login to Me Too

NIKKI4466
Contributor
Contributor
I would also provide as much proof as u can. I finally got proof from the post office that the seller sent it to the wrong address and also the package sent was only 2 onces so definitely not a ps4. This is a scam all the way. I appealed again and hoping to get my money back now that I got the actual proof and printed documents.
Login to Me Too

Deboraccardoso
Contributor
Contributor
Hi! Did you solve this case? I am in the same situation and have no idea where to start? I am going tomorrow at usps and ask for the address it was delivered the package.
Login to Me Too

NIKKI4466
Contributor
Contributor
i solved this by going to usps explaining the situation and he gave me proof it was sent to wrong address and i filed another dispute sending pics of the documents from usps and got my money back. i hate that this happens to innocent people. but just be persisent dont give up and it should work out in the end. best of luck to u.
Login to Me Too

bytimothydayao
Contributor
Contributor
Please help me I posted on this thread this just happened to me.. i lost the claim as well the seller ship it to the wrong address...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.