PayPal closed dispute incorrectly

pjnt
Contributor
Contributor

I bought 2 items from a seller. 1 of which was broken upon arrival. The seller offers free returns within 30 days.

Paypal agreed to my claim but requested I enter a tracking number to proceed. I had no address to send it to, and I was requested to send back both items, which I cannot since I have been using 1 of them. Also, why am I paying for tracking when the seller should.

The automated tracking request had to be left blank, so I then submitted all the needed information for PayPal to correctly investigate, however today my claim has been denied due to invalid tracking number.

So now I cannot re-open my claim, and I end up with broken products. This is insane. 

How do I resolve this?

Many thanks to those who help!

Patrick

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

pjnt
Contributor
Contributor

>>In paypals policy they don't get involved in part returns or part refunds

with eBay purchases, when initially claiming a refund, they request to know the amount you wished refunded from the entire transaction. So, they do get involved in part returns or refunds. Since PayPal closed my dispute before a refund was issues, even though I only asked for 1/2 the total cost, it is no longer possible.

you still need the last word, eh?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pjnt 

You put in a question then I answer it, so if you don't want me to have the last word then stop asking questions, not rocket science really.

If its an Ebay claim then that is separate to a Paypal claim.

With a paypal claim they do not get involved in part refunds as I have said. However in the 'dispute' phase which is negotiating with the merchant you can then ask for a part refund but if they refuse then you escalate to a claim.

Hopefully thats the last question as I have lots of 'nice' folks awaiting answers. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

pjnt
Contributor
Contributor

Is it not proper form to be the first and last answer since that is where most people look for their answers. Thus, it does not matter what I write, you will respond. Should anyone else read this, please look at everything so you can see the answers given here are not accurate and only depflect blame from PP to the user.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pjnt 

There is no proper form, folks ask questions and hopefully someone will give up their time to answer them.

You were given correct advice on how paypal works.

You seem to expect paypal to cover you for everything, they don't, even credit cards decline claims according to their T and C.

Sadly you bought tat from China, so maybe assume some responsibility for your own actions, put it down as a learning curve and move on as the rest of us do.

Paypal is not to blame for all your errors and they do not give you 100% protection. 

There are times when Paypal are at fault as well and if you see other posts you will see where we advise getting back to paypal as they were wrong and appealing, so this is not a pro paypal forum. Its only pro-paypal to you because you didn't like the answers you were getting.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

pjnt
Contributor
Contributor

Total nonsense. Re-read the previous posts. I bought from within the EU.

You can stop posting now. You cannot help me.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pjnt 

The item location was EU but the seller would more than likely have been located in China and that is where you would have been told to return the goods to. These China merchants never give you a return address which is the issue you mentioned in your first post.

No address to return item = nearly always return addy is in China.

As I said best to look at the sellers feedback that includes where he is registered and not just item location.

As for me stopping posting, I will post when, if and as many times as I wish to.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

pjnt
Contributor
Contributor

As I said, your advise was not very good, and you will keep posting until you have the last word. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @pjnt, @kernowlass, and @sharpiemarker

Thank you all for your posts. Thank you to @kernowlass and @sharpiemarker for providing information about PayPal Buyer Protection and the terms of Significantly Not As Described claims. Your helpfulness is truly appreciated, always.

This thread will now be locked. Please review the PayPal Community Rules and Guidelines.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.