Order from Grubhub Seamless charged to my account

Blondy56
Contributor
Contributor

I had two orders charged on my account that I didn't make.  They weren't even delivered to my home.  I disputed it with PayPal and they say that I'm denied because it was an unauthorized order.   I'm not even sure what that means.

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Good day @Blondy56, welcome to the community and thanks for posting. First, I must say that I am sorry that your case was denied for an unauthorized transaction. If you still don't recognize these charges, please contact your bank and they will contact us in the course of investigation.
Login to Me Too

Lemonadedaze
New Community Member
I’m going to have to cancel my Grubhub account. I do NOT understand how is it I’m charged for seamless ? I pay a yearly fee not to have delivery charges with Grubhub with a minimum $12 order. Yet I see I’m being charged for seamless at about $30 a pop!!! Something fishy going on
Login to Me Too

Kjmartin

Same here. A 78.00 charge for food delivery in Pittsburg Pa. I live in Denver, Colorado. My bank said it is theft. 

Login to Me Too

Lp0924
This EXACT thing happened to me this morning! Now I have to go through the dispute steps. What is going on??
Login to Me Too

CathyLarson
Contributor
Contributor

I had the exact same thing happen on my Paypal account, 2 transactions on the same day.   PayPal denied and closed within minutes.  I live in CA and both transactions were in for delivery in NY.   I have filed a claim with GrubHub and will also contact bank, shame on Paypal for such low standards in customer service.

Login to Me Too

Temp20230114z
Contributor
Contributor
I was just charged a $121 for a delivery in New York & I live in Chicago
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Temp20230114z, @No_Face, and everyone else! 

Thanks for visiting the PayPal Community and sharing your experience. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the unauthorized GrubHub transactions that have taken place. To file an unauthorized dispute, I recommend following the steps found on our Help Center here: How do I report an unauthorized transaction or account activity? If you had a preexisting subscription established with GrubHub, you'd also want to report the activity with them directly. To prevent future charges, I recommend canceling any subscriptions associated with GrubHub until you can change your password with them. For extra security, I also recommend running a virus and malware scan on all of your devices and enabling 2-Step Verification on your PayPal account. 

I hope this information helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Theresa4tgl
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same thing happen last month, 7/27 in the am and just a few mins ago in the am, 8/27. I called them last month about it and was called a liar. They said I gave someone permission to use it. There's only a charge. I never received text messages as they do for orders of anything being ordered or delivered. If you look at their BBB reports they are notorious for doing this. I want my money back.
Login to Me Too

mediamavven
New Community Member

This just happened to me, too! I just so happened to check my account for another reason and noticed two charges for GrubHub orders I did not make on March 25th and 27th. I went straight to GrubHub to challenge the charges there online chat feature. You can also email them. I was told they are escalating my case and will receive a response in 24-48 hrs. I would try GrubHub first. Much luck!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.