Order from Grubhub Seamless charged to my account

Blondy56
Contributor
Contributor

I had two orders charged on my account that I didn't make.  They weren't even delivered to my home.  I disputed it with PayPal and they say that I'm denied because it was an unauthorized order.   I'm not even sure what that means.

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

SethDeunn77
Contributor
Contributor

As mentioned in my post.
I have alerts set with my Credit Union, that when charges on my credit card happen over $100, I get an alert message on my phone.
As soon as the alert came in, I went into GH, saw the order and cancelled it.
The money at that point was refunded back to me.

I unfortunately missed the other order that was placed, so that one wasn't cancelled.

Login to Me Too

wafflesnsyrup
Contributor
Contributor

I had this same issue. Paypal couldnt do anything because I had a Grubhub account since 2017 that I didnt even know about till this new order on my account which was a few hundred USD, I dont even live in America. Order was in Texas, even though I dont live nor know anyone there. I went to my bank to hopfefully get some help. Unfortunately since it's not an issue with my bank, they cant do anything. It relies on Paypal and Grubhub to solve this issue and it seems like im not getting any money back. I'm still waiting for Grubhub to contact me back, hopefully they will be more helpful. I will be deleting Paypal and Grubhub after this experience.

Login to Me Too

JaelZion

I'm in the same situation. I have three "Seamless" charges adding up to $250. I have never signed up for Seamless or given them permission to use my PayPal account. Since so many here have stated PayPal is not helpful with these particular fraudulent charges, I went straight to my bank. PayPal is super sketchy for allowing this to continue when they know it's happening to so many people. It may be time to rethink using PayPal if my account can be taken over this easily.

Login to Me Too

mmmagique
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same thing happen today. They said I have a recurring account since 2019. This is not true. And the charge was for 49.11. They say they are not going to charge me for it but I'll be paying attention and if they do, I will talk to both Grubhub and my bank. 

This situation is ridiculous. 

Login to Me Too

vashjun
Contributor
Contributor

I am shocked by amount of people being scammed by GrubHub and yes, Paypal!   You are allowing this to happen.  

I had an unauthorized charge in Arizona and I live in New York!  Paypal will do NOTHING.  Grubhub will do NOTHING.  I have contacted an attorney and suggest other people do as well. 

Login to Me Too

No_Face

This has happened to me as well today I noticed a $125 charge for GitHub seamless, I go check my account and this has happened 7 times over the years going as far back as 2017, one of those times being over $500. I think it is irresponsible and ridiculous that PayPal and GitHub are aware of this issue and have not notified their customers about it or taken any steps to better protect their customers or retroactively validate GitHub seamless transactions with customers. I definitely think a class action law suit should be filed regarding this issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.