Order from Grubhub Seamless charged to my account

Blondy56
Contributor
Contributor

I had two orders charged on my account that I didn't make.  They weren't even delivered to my home.  I disputed it with PayPal and they say that I'm denied because it was an unauthorized order.   I'm not even sure what that means.

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

BODYtalks
Contributor
Contributor
I just had 3 charges from grubhub seamless all less than 2 minutes apart. How in the hell does this happen PAYPAL. I have NEVER ordered anything on grubhub LET ALONE pay for food using paypal
Login to Me Too

Briberry2824
New Community Member
This happened to me too! They said I set up a Grubhub Seamless account which I didn't do, and two food orders from out of state were made back to back for nearly $100. Grubhub won't help and PayPal won't either, saying it was 'preauthorized'.
Login to Me Too

deminio21
Contributor
Contributor
I just noticed the charge today and I did a check to see if there are more and I have seamless charges going back to 2018!!!! WTF???? I thought PayPal was safe so I don’t keep a constant eye on it!!! It’s a lot of money!!! What now????
Login to Me Too

No_Face

Same issue here.

Login to Me Too

sandyemer
New Community Member

Same thing happened to me. I contacted GrubHub to see if they will help and they opened an investigation.  The food order was in another city/state and they ordered meat.  I'm vegetarian!  Hopefully GrubHub was able to reverse the charge. I am also going to dispute it with my bank. 

Login to Me Too

Lemonadedaze
New Community Member
Same here!!! What the heck?!?!
Login to Me Too

Anthonyp75
New Community Member
Same, I got charged with seamless and I haven’t used grubhub in over 2 months
Login to Me Too

oinkoink0504
New Community Member

I got charged over the weekend for $52.01. When I looked at my PayPal, Grubhub Seamless also charged me $72.00 in January 2021. I have the basic GrubHub membership (where you still have to pay for delivery fees). I never signed up for GrubHub Seamless or even received ANY notification for it. 

I contacted GrubHub & they said the same thing, that they'll escalate it. Said it should take 48 hours to hear anything back. I'm almost reaching the 48 hours.... did anyone actually get refunded? If not, how else do we handle this? GrubHub.... you sketchy AF.

Login to Me Too

Peadubya26
New Community Member
Just today, gotten the same email from paypal.com saying I'm being charged for Grubhub Seamless. Ive never used Grubhub. Called Paypal they havent seen the charge yet. Contacted Grubhub via chat, and they gave me the same response as the others posted on here, 48 hr turnaround time. I'm trying to prevent the charges.
Login to Me Too

NotMatt

Apparently this is still an issue since this just happened to me. This is ridiculous how long it's been allowed to happen to this many people, I know you can do better PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.