Is Actitech Ltd linked to a fitness app?

Lauraleibe
New Community Member

Does anyone know who Actitech are and why they took unauthorised money from my Paypal? Is it possibly a yoga/fitness app I purchased for half the amount (to trial it)and now they are just taking money automatically?!

Login to Me Too
543 REPLIES 543

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Christina651 

Check if you had a subscription set up and cancel it?
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MareeKT
New Community Member
I have been charged on 7 Feb 2024 US$79.20 and 11 Feb 2024 US$53.19 by this company. I do not know who they are and do not wish to be charged by them. I want my money back
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MareeKT 

A lot of times what happens is people accept a free trial for a product and forget to cancel. As a buyer you must agree to a billing agreement/subscription before a merchant can take a payment from your PayPal account.

If you don't notice during checkout OR don't cancel then it auto renews. Be careful what you are accepting.

Check if you had a subscription set up and cancel it?
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

I just got one also, who is this company?

Login to Me Too

Temp20240216G
I have just discovered that the same has happened to me. I don’t even remember purchasing the subscription. On logging onto my emails this morning I saw an email saying they had taken a payment. I was puzzled by this and discovered that the amount taken was double the original payment on PayPal in November. I did not have any notification that they were doing this prior then taking the money out. Did you get hnd money refunded ?
Login to Me Too

leeaho
Contributor
Contributor

I was charged for multiple months through a company called Yogaga.  I see there are several people out there who have gotten charges by various health related orgs.  

Attention Paypal,  @kernowlass  Paypal should filter get rid of Actitech as a client.  It looks like hundreds of people have had problems with them.   thanks for the advice about cancelling memberships but so many of us know to look for that hook.  Some folks are just scammers...actitech is one of those scamming cells.  Fire them!!!

Login to Me Too

Kristi28

Yes, I also fell into their trap. They offer a one-week trial for just a few cents, and then, without my consent, they automatically charge my account if I don't opt out. I couldn't find any way to cancel my subscription to their app, and they ended up charging me. They might wonder if I liked their app since I only tried it for one day and haven't used it again. When I reached out to them asking for a refund because their application didn't meet my needs, they offered me a free annual subscription instead. I deleted my data from their application, but my account was automatically deleted as well, leaving me with neither the money nor the ability to use the application.

This is a well-thought-out scam. Beware!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kristi28 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Gypsy123
Contributor
Contributor
I called th[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]number and it was out of order. I then calle[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] The machine that answered said if you want to collect your $100 gift certificate please press one otherwise hang up, so I decided to press one so that I could speak with someone about the unauthorized charges to my PayPal account. The person who was a foreigner said I can help you with this asked me for my name, phone number and my checking account that the money came out of and routing number. He said he needed to have me answer some questions, and he would definitely help me as soon as he got a confirmation code. I said OK was on a recorded line. They asked me my name again, my birthdate my address, my phone number, bank account and routing number. At that point I started to get a little worried but I was already in it. He got back on the phone. OK everything is great. Do you have a pen to write down this confirmation number and I said is are you going to be able to refund my money he kept saying yes yes yes as soon as I said, I was ready for the confirmation code , I was disconnected. I tried calling the number back several times and couldn’t even get through. I was disconnected each time. Beware of a Actitech I had to change all my accounts which is a big pain but better that better a headache than them draining my account. I am going to shut down my PayPal account. Also if I can’t contact you by phone, I don’t need you.
Login to Me Too

angeleyz21
New Community Member

I went through a few pages of the 50 but didn't see this mentioned. I just got hit with this today and it's from https://omo-app.io/ which is a nutrition/fitness/weight loss app similar to Noom. I did sign up for this and got a subscription a year ago  but stopped using the app and so forgot about it. It's actually a really great app, I just didn't recognize the billing name which is what brought me to here. Once I opened the transaction inside PayPal I was able to see that it was Omo.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.