Is Actitech Ltd linked to a fitness app?

Lauraleibe
New Community Member

Does anyone know who Actitech are and why they took unauthorised money from my Paypal? Is it possibly a yoga/fitness app I purchased for half the amount (to trial it)and now they are just taking money automatically?!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FDFD-12 

@Dreklaw23 

@Temp20230828y 

That company goes by a lot of names. A lot of times what happens is people accept a free trial for a product, and forget to cancel and it auto renews. Be careful what you are accepting.

Check if you had a subscription set up and cancel it?
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
528 REPLIES 528

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lauraleibe 

Yep think it is.

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Temp20240306O

I found the settings under the wallet then automatic payments. can at least remove PayPal as the payment option.

Login to Me Too

HomeopathRita57
Contributor
Contributor
I'm 99,9% certain I got billed immediately from Actitech after downloading the Yoga Go app in the Google Play Store. I was supposed to have a free trial month and pay nothing if I cancelled my subscription. With no subscription button in the Google Store nor in the app, no answer to my email cancellation and phone not in use, I realized it was a scam.
Login to Me Too

Deborahveatch
New Community Member
Same here
Login to Me Too

SkygoddessS
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone here been able to get a refund from PayPal for this scam billing?

Login to Me Too

MomLady6
Contributor
Contributor

I just found out it is related to FitCoach app - in one part they are charging you 0.99 monthly but they have another subscription built in every 3 months for 44.76 USD. I just requested refund and cancelled subscriptions!  Hope this helps

Login to Me Too

lbldude

OK, so this is exactly what has happened to me!  I'm going through my year end credit card statements and found this $44.76 charge quarterly and had no idea what it was.  I could not seem to the charge or vendor (Actitech) to any specific app or trial I may have purchased.  Thanks for the info.!!

Now, the question is did they reverse any past charges for you?

Login to Me Too

Slenz
I had it with the Omo app, I canceled it and I am still getting charged. It’s been very frustrating
Login to Me Too

thoyhartfiel
Contributor
Contributor

No,  the Paypal app, asked me to reach out to vendor.  which I did, but vendor has not responded.  I'm going to call my bank and see if I can report it as fraud.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.