Has anybody else had an unauthorised payment made to Brainety.com.?

Temp20231217R
New Community Member

I have been charged A$58.80 from an automatic payment I didn’t sign up for. It’s from a company called Brainety.com. It was for a subscription charged monthly. I opened a dispute with PayPal but they answered very quickly that this is not an unauthorised payment. I have cancelled the automatic payment and I have emailed the company Brainety.com asking for this money back but my email bounced back. What else can I do?

It is a SCAM which PayPal seems to endorse. Brainety.com is a sponsored advertiser of Facebook so beware. I have read reviews of other people who have had the same problem. All the reviews declare it is a scam.

Login to Me Too
43 REPLIES 43

Evodriva
Contributor
Contributor

It's actually quite disgusting how these so called "esteemed advisors" respond to your comments. It's very insulting, implying that you're stupid and didn't read the details about an apparent subscription. Well given the number of people who have made complaints on various forums that's a pretty ignorant assumption and an assumption is all it is.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@narcose29 

Where am I justifying it?

I am telling you how they work and how they unwittingly get you to set up the subscription.

With companies like these you have to be very careful reading everything before going ahead as 'free trials' usually have a hidden sting in the tail.

What I am saying is that they are doing nothing illegal just sneaky and to blame paypal is also unfair as it would be you that set up the subscription which they are legally bound to pay for you. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

narcose29
Contributor
Contributor

Last minute :

I just received a mail from Brainety saying they are OK to refund me... but they can't for the moment because of the open PayPal case. Unfortunately, PayPal rejected my claim a week ago and told the case is closed, but they are still keeping the money and didn't pay Brainety !

Clearly, PayPal is using our claims - even closed - to keep our money and prevent Brainety to refund.

P.S. Don't forget to use the survey for to express what you think about PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Evodriva
Contributor
Contributor

Bro, I got the exact same email today even though they've said that to me before and I've sent them a screenshot of my PayPal message saying it was closed. So I have just replied and said we're going around in circles and sent them previous correspondences about this matter.

Login to Me Too

Frank-Bemelman
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal does nothing for us. They prefer to accommodate robbers and thieves. Please post your experiences at brainety-refund.com so that we can combine forces and take legal steps against this company. This Brainety company is robbing thousands of innocent people, with unwanted subscriptions.

Login to Me Too

Adamwells01
I have hadthe same problem today. I have reported it to PayPal. But looking at the responses from others, I am not holding a lot of hope for them to action it accordingly. It is disappointing to hear that PayPal are continuing to allow fraudulent activity through their services. I will not continue using PayPal if they don't take appropriate action to things like this. There are THOUSANDS of online reviews about this company scamming people. Please don't let it continue PayPal.
Login to Me Too

mikegooglier
Contributor
Contributor

You get nothing. They won't give you anything back. As long as there is no law that Paypal, Visa, Mastercard must inform you about setting up automatic payment and you must confirm it, this kind of robbing people will continue. But the fact is that you were deliberately misled like everyone else and you didn't know that you had confirmed something somewhere. 

This person cheated you.
BRAINETY info:
Organization Rebilita, UAB
Owner: Marius [Removed]
Address: [Removed]
State: Kauno Apskritis
Postal Code [Removed]
Country LITHUANIA
Country Code LT
Telephone [Removed]
SSL certificate valid Valid

You can find here:

Orbio World ( [Removed] Kaunas ) in the company
( Orbio World, [Removed] Kaunas).

Here you can see how He looks.
https://orbio.world/who-we-are

Orbio world make frauds this ways.

They hiding in behind investments and internet marketing. But They are fraudants.
He also cheats with the sale of Japanese knives or pillows.

You can write to Interpol. 

https://www.interpol.int/Contacts/Contact-INTERPOL

Login to Me Too

BrainetySupport
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.

We are truly sorry to hear about your experience with our service. We hope that you can give us another chance to make it right and fully resolve your case as soon as possible.

Please contact our team at [removed] and we will take a closer look at your case and correct any mistakes that might have been made.

Brainety Support Team

Login to Me Too

BrainetySupport
Contributor
Contributor

Please reply with your Order ID as PayPal Community does not permit giving out email address in public posts. You can locate this number in your invoice and order confirmation email.

Brainety Support Team

Login to Me Too

mikegooglier
Contributor
Contributor

Today you sent me back $2.16 and $38.8. I won't thank you for that. It's my money.

$2.16 was for an IQ test, that's yours. You have the right to do that.

But you still owe me - 38.80 - 2.16= 36.64 and 38.80.

I'll keep doing what I'm doing until you give it back to me all. 

I will also contact 6 institutions around the world and start a petition regarding your scam. Of course, your fraud and your entire fraud scheme in the world of Orbio will be described there. I really study your fraud schema a lot.

The FBI cybercrime tip also works. I'm just putting together more information about your fraud Orbio world scheme for those.

You will only stop it by returning 36.64 + 38.80 to me and not fully rectifying your fraud against me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.