Has anybody else had an unauthorised payment made to Brainety.com.?

Temp20231217R
New Community Member

I have been charged A$58.80 from an automatic payment I didn’t sign up for. It’s from a company called Brainety.com. It was for a subscription charged monthly. I opened a dispute with PayPal but they answered very quickly that this is not an unauthorised payment. I have cancelled the automatic payment and I have emailed the company Brainety.com asking for this money back but my email bounced back. What else can I do?

It is a SCAM which PayPal seems to endorse. Brainety.com is a sponsored advertiser of Facebook so beware. I have read reviews of other people who have had the same problem. All the reviews declare it is a scam.

Login to Me Too
43 REPLIES 43

mikegooglier
Contributor
Contributor

Enybody of the cheated persones no made any agreement about automatically payment. I recommend you take an IQ test on their website. The IQ test is fine. But subsequently you will also be cheated without knowing it. You know Paypal is losing its name. The damages for you are greater than you think, because you are not able to protect the money of your customers that you manage in this case. Customers are disappointed with you about this particular thing. Read it. I too was so deceived and I was also very surprised by the resolution of the dispute under your supervision.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mikegooglier 

🤔🤣

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Frank-Bemelman
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, Paypal seems to prefer being a payment provider for a criminal company. Half the world is complaining about these crooks. And Paypal does absolutely nothing. Recently a website has been launched at brainety-refund (com) to combine forces to get our money back.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Frank-Bemelman 

Well you were the one that decided to 'use' a criminal company.

When you click to use a 'free' trial of anything check and check again BEFORE you click to continue that there is not a tick box to NOT subscribe to the company.

If you subscribe then of course paypal will pay it as you have told and authorised them to do so by setting up that subscription.

I saw one the other day, before I clicked to pay it said ''tick this box if you don't want to set up a subscription''.............I ticked it. OR it will tell you that you need to cancel any subscription after the 'free' trial, if you don't you will be charged.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Frank-Bemelman
Contributor
Contributor
No, no and no. When there are thousands of people robbed, you can't hide behind the usual blabla. Now you have earned an esteemed advisor badge, so my conclusion is that you are one of Brainetys alter egos. I will report your account here to Paypal. We dont need your esteemd advice.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Frank-Bemelman 

Please report away, the moderators are well aware who I am as I have been on here for 12 years. 😁

I'm also as entitled to my opinion as you are. If you don't like my advice on how to not get caught out again with a subscription then ignore it.

Never used Brainety.com, guess I never needed my I.Q testing as I use common sense instead and don't blame others for my internet mistakes.  

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

narcose29
Contributor
Contributor

Stop speaking about any "free trial" !!!

We didn't subscribe to anything and have only been stolen. It's a shame that PayPal doesn't want to understand and protects these kind of scammers.

This behaviour breaks any confidence to PayPal.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@narcose29 

You have to accept the free trial to do the silly I.Q test.

Then you get billed a subscription .............

You can take the Brainety IQ Test for free on the official website. However, if you wish to access your IQ score, certification, personal brain training program, and full performance analysis, the following packages are available:

1. Brainety IQ Test Basic: Priced at $8.90 (for a 7-day trial) and includes an IQ score and the Brain training program. The cost after the trial period is $79.80 every six months.
  2. Brainety IQ Test Regular: Priced at $9.90 (for a 14-day trial) and includes an IQ score, Performance analysis, and the Brain training program. The cost after the trial period is $79.80 every six months.
  3. Brainety IQ Test Premium: Priced at $14.90 (for a 28-day trial) and includes an IQ score, IQ certificate, Performance analysis, and the Brain training program. The cost after the trial period is $79.80 every six months.

Payment on the Brainety website can be securely made using PayPal, Visa, American Express, Discover, or MasterCard. The company also provides the option to cancel your subscription at any time after the trial period concludes.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

CocoR

I have experienced the same and have lost trust in PayPal. I will stop using them. My bank was much easier and better at handling this kind of issues. I have reported Brainety and how my case was closed by PayPal to the Federal Trade Commission USA. Brainety needs to be stopped and hopefully Paypal will become supportive to the users.  

Login to Me Too

narcose29
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

I'm shocking as you persist to justify this scammer. I can agree that the trap is well created and that I've certainly been caught with it... But regarding the number of trapped people, one has to choose his side : scammer or victims. Justifying strongly such a scammer is just destroying confidence in PayPal, but maybe it's not your problem ?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.