Dispute denied

Skater7
Contributor
Contributor
Buyer beware TerBYME Technology co.ltd is a scam I purchased merchandise from them using PayPal in June 9th,2023 the tracking they sent was bogus went to blank site. Opened dispute in August to request refund. TerBYME refused to refund and sent another tacking number after refusing a refund. The item shows it was delivered to me September 6th 2023. I reported again I don’t receive item it was not delivered. Today September 13 PayPal denied my dispute. So no merchandise and out of my hard working money. Thanks for letting a long time customer down basically sending me a big finger wave. Save your hard working money don’t buy from this company.
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Skater7 

Was it another ad on Social Media like Facebook which is full of China websites selling tat?

If so then..........

Paypal is just a payment processor that gives you 'some' buyer and 'some' seller protection.
So disputes for non receipt of item are mostly automated. Seller provides tracking that shows delivery = seller wins.
So then its your turn to do some work to assist Paypal in recovering your purchase price from your seller.

Firstly ring Paypal customer services and tell them that the number is fake or that the item was shown as shipped before you purchased it. With that information they may well just issue you a refund.

Secondly if they don't then... APPEAL
To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address. THEY DON'T HAVE TO SAY WHICH ADDRESS IT WAS SENT TO, JUST THAT IT WAS NOT DELIVERED TO YOUR ADDRESS.

Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click contact at the bottom of the page, or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your Paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Skater7
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass yes it was on Instagram. Thank you for all the helpful information this has never happened to me before. I have contacted my credit card company and filed a dispute with them as well. I will also try to appeal this as well. Thank you!
Login to Me Too

SRR111
Contributor
Contributor
I also ordered a product from TERBYME Technology Co. Ltd (shows as TERBYMEDS2Y on PayPal activity. The advertised product was a Silky Smooth Hair Eraser and claimed to be latest technology and “laser hair removal” . I paid US$ 31.01 (22.99 for item 5.99 shipping 2.03 GST) on 8 August 2023. The product arrived in a cheap crushed box and was just a very poor quality mechanical mini hair clipper. The packaging said “ …Introducing the world's first full-body hair remover” and “device with breakthrough Sensa-Light Technology uses precision micro-oscillation” we moved from Laser to Sensa-Light then micro-oscillation which is like mini clippers. The box is careful not to show any parts which look too mechanical and illustrates, by blurring the picture, some form of glow on the skin as the light passes over. The blurred images and added glow on the skin suggest the machine is some form of light or laser technology when in fact it is just a mini mechanical hair clipper. I emailed the supplier and was given a link to a Customer Service site which either doesn’t work or replies with messages about escalating manual customer service but no useful advice on how to obtain a refund. I am currently in the process of disputing the charge through PayPal and will also seek a chargeback through American Express which I used to fund the PayPal purchase.
Login to Me Too

PrestonDev69
New Community Member
The same extact thing happened to be. The company is a scam. Stay away!!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PrestonDev69 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

The best thing is to not buy from any of them, to recognise them -

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.