Some PayPal account used my stolen Amex gift cards. Can PayPal help with such fraud?
I bought 300$ worth of Amex gift cards and they were stolen off my bag. I called Amex within 30 mins and had them block the cards. It looks like someone added them to their Paypal account. I have the card numbers. Can PayPal help tracing them and refunding me? Amex said they cant help if the cards have already been used
Welcome to the PayPal Community!
I am so sorry to hear what has happened. I know this must be concerning. As you have the card numbers, the best thing to do would be to contact our Customer Support. They can assist you with reporting the transactions, and completing an investigation.
I hope you get this sorted!
Yes, the same thing happened to me. I use AMEX gift cards in my business and tons of the cards coming directly from amex gift card website have already been charged by paypal accounts. Someone is stealing the info from amex and using it via paypal... Amex will not mark as fraud since its a gift card. No buyer protection from amex.
This happened to me to. My aunt got me $200 in Amex gift cards for Christmas this year and when I went to use them they show that they had been used by a Paypal account in September. This is ridiculous and Amex won't do anything about it since it wasn't reported before the funds were transferred. I hope Paypal will help me track this down to get my money back.
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- I cannot link my UAE Bank Account, and also i cannot edit or add my address, please help out in Wallet Archives
- Unable to log into PayPal with Microsoft Authenticator code in Managing Account Archives
- Whyy visa card appears in gray colour? in Wallet Archives
- Hi, pls I can’t link my Nigeria debit card to my PayPal account. Pls help in Wallet Archives
- 2 step verification in Managing Account Archives