Some PayPal account used my stolen Amex gift cards. Can PayPal help with such fraud?

itsanils
Contributor
Contributor

I bought 300$ worth of Amex gift cards and they were stolen off my bag. I called Amex within 30 mins and had them block the cards. It looks like someone added them to their Paypal account. I have the card numbers. Can PayPal help tracing them and refunding me? Amex said they cant help if the cards have already been used

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @itsanils,

Welcome to the PayPal Community!

I am so sorry to hear what has happened. I know this must be concerning. As you have the card numbers, the best thing to do would be to contact our Customer Support. They can assist you with reporting the transactions, and completing an investigation. 

To contact us, simply click here. Alternatively, you can contact us via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPal or Twitter @AskPayPal.

I hope you get this sorted!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

shakimh90
New Community Member

Yes, the same thing happened to me. I use AMEX gift cards in my business and tons of the cards coming directly from amex gift card website have already been charged by paypal accounts. Someone is stealing the info from amex and using it via paypal... Amex will not mark as fraud since its a gift card. No buyer protection from amex. 

Login to Me Too

MiraMinx
New Community Member

This happened to me to.  My aunt got me $200 in Amex gift cards for Christmas this year and when I went to use them they show that they had been used by a Paypal account in September.  This is ridiculous and Amex won't do anything about it since it wasn't reported before the funds were transferred.  I hope Paypal will help me track this down to get my money back.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.