Paypal Pay in 4 came up twice?

RyanDean
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sorry about the title but I honestly don't know what else to write.

Here's what happened.  I went to XFROG to get one of the plant libraries while they were still on sale.  I sign in and continue to checkout.  At this point it asks me if I want to pay with a Credit Card, PayPal, or Amazon Payments.

I select PayPal, check Pay in 4,  and fill out the details and it sends me back to the merchant.  Now, xFrog's site tells me to log in before I can continue.  I do so - again - and continue with PayPal once more. This time XFROG's receipt goes through, I see the statement in my email and PayPal account....  But I also see two Pay in 4 charges authorizing,  for $49.75 each. 

What can I do about that?  I can't cancel either of them, the Resolution Center says "Sorry we can't do anything about that kind of transaction",  and xFrog can't do anything about Pay in 4.

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

Raspy_
Contributor
Contributor
Hello I am having a similar problem as well. I went on a Website to buy something. I sign in to go through checkout and picked PayPal then pay in 4, after that it took me back to the checkout to finish the order. Then I happened to reload and go through the checkout again to buy what I was getting. I go through PayPal again and pay in 4, I finished the checkout and my order went through the website. It’s telling me I only have one order on the website. I then checked my PayPal app and see two pay in 4 payments saying “authorization in progress” that are the same amount, but only one order went through. I then check my bank account app and see two exact payments was taken out of my account for paypal. I want to know if I will get my money back since I was Charger twice and only one order went through
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @beardedliterati and @Raspy_,

Thank you for visiting our community help forum!

I understand you're worried about the Pay in 4 pending authorization charges. With Pay in 4, we will conduct a pre-authorization hold on your payment method for an amount equal to the initial down payment or one-fourth of your total purchase amount, which will be pending status. Once the purchase gets completed, the pending authorization will be removed, and the initial down payment will be taken from your payment method. Any duplicate authorizations will get voided by 72 hours and it may take up to 5-7 business days to process through your bank. More details about Pay in 4 pending authorizations can be found here.

I hope this information helps you,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

jabberstroker
New Community Member

I also got charged twice for my first payment, however, it's saying I have 0/3 payments made and that I must pay today. Am I being asked to pay 3x for the first of 3 payments?!

Login to Me Too

Deflorista24
Contributor
Contributor

I got the exact same problem. They charged me twice on the first charge and it still showing 0/4 on the pay later tab. I will wait 72 hours b4 I shoot an compalint email to them.

Login to Me Too

AmazonDi
New Community Member

Im having the same issue. I have funds on my account and several valid cards listed. Do I need to use a checking account number or something?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @AmazonDi

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues with a recent Pay in 4 authorization. Normally, PayPal will pre-authorize an amount equal to the initial down payment or one-fourth of the total purchase amount on your payment method, which will be pending status. 

Once the purchase is completed, the pending authorization will be removed, and the initial down payment will be taken from your payment method.

If you are inquiring about how to fund the repayment, your confirmed bank or card can be used for automatic repayments. At this time, your balance can be used for one-time repayments that you initiate through the app or site.

If you still have questions about your Repayments or How Pay in 4 works, please review those links for some very useful Help Center articles or reach out to our Customer Support teams for assistance. 

Best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Hifimaster
Contributor
Contributor

There is a pending authorization of $113.75 against my bank account for a Pay in 4 transaction. The actual amount of $113.75 ha already been drawn from the acocunt to process the order, this duplicate pending authorization should not exist as I only ever processed one order. and I have of course checked with the seller and with my bank. The seller has no records of any duplicate transaction, and my bank is not responsible for the pending authorization, Paypal is. It has been one week already, and what I find interesting, is that looking through forums on this topic, sometimes it is stated by a moderator that it can take the bank 2-5 business days to void the pending authorization, sometimes you say 5-7 business days, and sometimes up to 10 business days.  So which is it, do you even know ? And how is it that my bank claims they cannot void the pending authorization at my request, that only Paypal can do that... How do you explain that ? Imagine all the money sitting in forced escrow that Paypal has to play with, but seriously guys, one week, 5 business days is more than enough play time with MY MONEY. Please cancel this pending authorization and release those funds back to my bank account, I would really appreciate it. Thanks 🙂 Chris

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.