We would like to hear from you!

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi all,

We are constantly trying to improve our product so would love to hear your feedback! 

What would make you use PayPal Here even more frequently?

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi WindMiller, 

Really useful feedback, I have forwarded your message to our PayPal Here team directly. 

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

russd4999
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, please can you forward my feedback to the PayPal Here team.

As a face-to-face seller it would be wonderful to have some kind of assurance to the customer cannot just buy a large amount of goods and then claim the money back later via you saying that they didn't make the purchase at all.

Small businesses are dependent on an element of security against this kind of fraud and you seem to be very much in favour of the customer rather than the retailer. A business that I work for recently had someone purchase £50 of goods, the customer claimed that they didn't authorise the payment (despite us remembering her making the purchase), and you gave her money back AND charged us £14 for the privilege. It really puts us off PayPal Here, and we are now looking for an alternative which is more secure and less open to fraud.

The chargeback really added insult to injury. Not only will be out of pocket due to the loss of the product, but we also had a slap in the face from PayPal. Perhaps a bit more balance is in order? We feel very vulnerable now when anyone makes a large purchase using PayPal Here.

Login to Me Too

MattStorm
Contributor
Contributor

Ok here this

As a customer for 10 years+ i am still having bank transfers randomly held sometimes for days, how is this still going on with paypal? and how do you think these unexpected holds are helping businesses?! I get told its either because of a fraud check ( ok fraud is sending money to my own registered bank account,,,) or it is because some weeks ago an ebay item not recived case was opened, so you hold £1,000 of all earnings for a £100 ebay case??! And of course an email complaint to paypal takes four weeks to reply, thats so un efficient my grandmother would respond quicker from the grave....,,,,,Paypal you need to wake up - your system of holding accounts is infuriating and the fact that customer services cannot even change this is pathetic. Its 2017 and i can tell you after searching the web at least 50% of your customers are having major issues with your policies do you not think this is time to change things, why dont you try listening to them? I like many others have been searching for alternative banks, it seems the only reason paypal are used is because they are tied in with ebay.

Seeing as i cannot even go to work now because you have frozen my accounts i am going to enjoy rinsing paypal on every social media page and news report i can find,

Good riddance

Login to Me Too

Raviedavie
Contributor
Contributor
Working capital..... Ridiculous system that absolutely nobody at PayPal has any access to whatsoever. First loan all paid off within correct time frame, reapply several months later when my company had processed far more paypal transactions than before but now not eligible. Given error code 640 so called paypal who said and I quote " no reason at all why you would be turned down but we have no access to any info at all " computer says no. Ok can you tell me what error code 640 relates to then please " no sorry we don't know the codes either, just keep trying " Whilst the working capital is a very good idea surely it's pointless offering it if you don't really have any access or knowledge regarding the system at all. Many many people on here experienced the same issue as me and nobody could give them any info either. Complete nonsense.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Raviedavie,

Thanks for posting.

You are correct that our normal customer service staff do not have access to Working Capital information. We do have a dedicated team for answering questions about this though. You can reach them on  0800 368 7173 Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.00 pm. You will also find some frequently asked questions here https://www.paypal.com/gb/workingcapital/?exp=1 .

I hope we can help you to get this sorted so this feature becomes more useful for you.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Raviedavie
Contributor
Contributor
Hello Thank you for the reply however sadly on every occasion it was the dedicated working capital department I dealt with. They were the one who gave the answers previously stated. Many thanks
Login to Me Too

russd4999
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, please can you forward my feedback to the PayPal Here team.

As a face-to-face seller it would be wonderful to have some kind of assurance to the customer cannot just buy a large amount of goods and then claim the money back later via you saying that they didn't make the purchase at all.

Small businesses are dependent on an element of security against this kind of fraud and you seem to be very much in favour of the customer rather than the retailer. A business that I work for recently had someone purchase £50 of goods, the customer claimed that they didn't authorise the payment (despite us remembering her making the purchase), and you gave her money back AND charged us £14 for the privilege. It really puts us off PayPal Here, and we are now looking for an alternative which is more secure and less open to fraud.

The chargeback really added insult to injury. Not only will be out of pocket due to the loss of the product, but we also had a slap in the face from PayPal. Perhaps a bit more balance is in order? We feel very vulnerable now when anyone makes a large purchase using PayPal Here.

Login to Me Too

pameladav12
Contributor
Contributor

I have a £50 refund in my pay pal account which has been in pending since 1st April, why can I not withdraw it? Customer is not replying to my e mails

alison davis

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.