Resolution Centre

TonyM2
Contributor
Contributor

The Resolution Centre offers to refund if I return to the seller the battery that I disputed.  

However the carrier that delivered the item will not accept a lithium Ion battery (even though they delivered it to me).  No other carrier will accept the battery for carriage.  

So how do I return the battery and show the required tracking information?

How do I break out of a closed circular dialogue with the Resolution Centre when the only options available to me are evidence of return in the form of electronic tracking code number or abandonment of the dispute?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Clogsy
Contributor
Contributor
Did this get resolved???? I've got exactly the same problem. I was sent incorrect type of Lithium Polymer battery from company based in Germany. No response from direct emails to them so opened PayPal dispute which automatically escalated to a claim. Will be eligible for refund but won't get it until have returned the items! But no courier in the UK will ship lithium batteries on their own as they're a prohibited item! How on earth can I organise returning them when nobody will take them?!
Login to Me Too

TonyM2
Contributor
Contributor

There is light at the end of the tunnel - there was for me at least.

Having opened PayPal dispute and got my claim verified as elligible for a refund I got a reply from the battery supplier that gave instructions on how to return the battery - this involved a returns reference number and labling the return package as laptop parts.  On this basis the courrier accepted the package and I returned the battery.  After some prompting, the supplier credited my PayPal account with a full refund.

Good luck

Login to Me Too

Clogsy
Contributor
Contributor
That's good you got a resolution. Sadly it appears the company I bought my LiPo batteries from have recently consolidated with another company and as such they seem to be in disarray and have to date never responded to any emails I've sent. Hence why I opened up the PayPal dispute/claim. If I can't contact them to request them to organise the return then I fear I have no choice but to cancel the claim and keep the batteries. Did the supplier contact you direct with the returns instructions?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.